Participate in the March 2018 Member Challenge – Random Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2018 Member Challenge – Random Themed!

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    tonydismukes

Will do, Andrew.

Thanks for the feedback Andrew, I loved this challenge and congrats to Kmelton for winning, I’m going to enjoy this month’s challenge thanks.

lisamcc
    Participant

Thanks Andrew…I was getting carried away! I’ll slow down a bit. 😃

kmelton
    Participant

Hey guys,

Populele is in hand (thanks Andrew!), and wanted to pass along the thoughts of a beginner in case anyone was interested in buying this. My daughter (6) and I a chance to tinker around with the Populele this weekend, and to Andrew’s point, she loved it. Really absorbed the lessons on the app, and having the chords light up really helped her understand what to do. She’s having a blast, and I think that a lot of it has to do with how Populele has made learning an instrument into a game, which she can relate to.

I played it too, and had some different take aways:

-The different “dazzle” light up features range from somewhat useful (Linear) to novelty (you can do a custom light setting…basically, if you want to serenade someone with their name lit up on the uke, you’ve come to the right place!). Regarding former, I recorded the video below to show how the linear mode works. Found myself thinking about dynamics of the song as I played, which I thought was useful. As my playing will show, however, it is a little bit distracting at first. Or maybe its that I’m easily distracted. The point is, be kind, I know I made a ton of mistakes!

Haven’t really played many of the games, but seemed pretty similar to the Kala app (guitar hero-esqe). Probably a little better, especially if you have the Populele. Seemed to be mostly strumming focused, though I didn’t fully investigate.

Any questions, let me know.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by kmelton.
    • This reply was modified 6 years ago by kmelton.

hmmmm…. Awesome… :I.. Yes we get it you won! >:( Just kidding. 🙂

I’m happy that your daughter is happy, and when people are happy, I like to be happy too. I think it was meant for you, so congrats and happy playing.

Andrew
    Keymaster

So glad to see you two are enjoying it 🙂 Great tune and performance, one helpful tip, try not to bend at the first joint when fretting notes and chords.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.