Participate in the March 2019 Member Challenge – Irish Songs!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2019 Member Challenge – Irish Songs!

This topic contains 64 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  laurasil 1 day, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author

stinyuke
    Participant

Courtney, that was awesome! I love your voice and the playing is so smooth!

becky7777
    Participant

Wow erino7!.. 💖

Popped in to just kind of holler that i’m going to post Rose’s intro and A melody on my first ukulele tonight just because my new, (properly set up!) Tiny Tenor will be here tomorrow! (YEA!!!!!)

Anyway, I kind of want a sound comparison between $12 and quality ukulele. Since it’s the challenge song hope that’s ok. Plus I’m going to probably be playing the *censored* out of the new one and this poor little Diamond Head won’t see much action for a while probably lol. (Actually really like how this thing sounds but there’s so much on it that’s so wrong.)

And! I learned I have no clue at ALL how to properly use a metronome… That pineapple song off romero creations site is at 164 or something but I can play the song close to or at speed, but can’t play Bourree at what was it? 130? yet… (Sorry for skipping around so much Andrew, hopefully you won’t read this if I type enough lol! I’m just one of those kind of students I guess.. “Oh! Lookie! That’s more interesting then basics!” -Runs off to chase the shinier thing.. I did go over the learning paths again and the things I focused on left huge gaps in what I should probably know per classification. Sigh. I started off good, then I kind of chased the white rabbit.. Not the vorpal one with pointy teeth I hope! 😉)

Anyway posting part of Rose tonight. So excited and in babbling overdrive lol!

becky7777
    Participant

I officially take back my giant stupid idiot (somewhat altered to be family forum friendly) title..

Woke up to laughing… Then they sat and enjoyed the moment as I woke up and realized what was going on. My mic stand was flopped on top of me. The audio interface and laptop power chords were wrapped around my legs and the stupid coiled cable of the headphones was completely tangled REALLY badly in my hair which made removing the uke impossible until I got free. (Which I couldn’t do without help.)

The first thing they said after getting the headphones out of my hair was “Ukulele’s Revenge.” -I mean, seriously? (No, no, it’s just me being a GIANT freaking idiot falling asleep connected to recording equipment. After waking up more and getting over my indignity and stupidity I was able to see more humor in the situation. Really hope I didn’t break anything though.)

deadbuggy
    Participant

I know it’s a little loose in some places, but think of it as a tip-o-my-hat to my lager-loving Irish ancestors. Happy St. Pats Day, everyone!

miztaken
    Participant

My husband thinks your playing that tune must be genetic.
    Lovely work, and awesome speed! aka “Damn, that was good”

becky7777
    Participant

This is just melody A of rose played, and sadly recorded badly. (I really messed up) to compare ukuleles $12 uke vs the tiny tenor second. Cranked gain and volume to max in the DAW but it’s a pretty hopeless recording. (Not like any of them came out how I was intending but this is bad.)

The settings on the audio interface changed when I woke up on it. I pretty much recorded this, and was intending to record again, but I don’t think that will happen. (So here ya go miz, I really DID warn you! ;)) final entry will be much MUCH! better I hope! The sound and playability between the ukes is such a huge huge difference! that last note I hit on the TT for fun rings so long and sweetly! My biggest issue is retraining muscle memory for the larger frets LOL! They’re so much bigger then the soprano or even that flesh eating concert uke! And romero makes the TT necks wider. My fingers go down and im like oops. Need to aim farther! lol! LOVING it though!

becky7777
    Participant

Deadbuggy that was great!

Funny enough washerwoman was one of the first songs I tried (keyword- tried) when I could access it.

gstriph
    Participant

Sorry (or not!) – no singing! Here’s a version of Danny Boy for this month’s challenge.

Jerry

becky7777
    Participant

Awesome Jerry!! Love the vibrato! 💖

hotmilktea
    Participant

wow Becky, TT really sounds way more sweet!

miztaken
    Participant

@becky7777 that last note was just gorgeous!
    I forgive myself for anything when I get a perfect harmonic 😀
    Any your tiny tenor sounds so good, even with a dodgy recording, I am looking forward to hearing V2.

gstriph
    Participant

Becky – that was really beautiful and the ending harmonic was perfect.

stianukulele
    Participant

Hi all

Here is my version of Red is the rose, my first upload ever of my own recordings.

Recorded on zoom H4N, and added a bass track, with my Ukulele bass.

erino7
    Participant

Wow! S tianukulele that was so beautiful! I aspire to be able to play like that! Your uke has such a lovely tone.

brenna
    Participant

Wonderful!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.