Participate in the March 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Love Songs!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Love Songs!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Sounds fine to me!

effortless

huh I just asked my girlfriend and she can hear it too. maybe I’m a little pitch deaf lol. Sorry to bother you!

Andrew
    Keymaster

No worries!

mark1256
    Participant

Participant

I really enjoyed Spanish Romance. I’m not happy with my video but I really want to get on to the newer lessons.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@mark1256 – IDK, Mark. That smile at the end says otherwise. I think you aced the rubato feel on the second A Melody. That’s one of the big hallmarks of this piece and your performance had a very natural feel and flow. Well done!

joelnal

Hi Everyone,

Quick question about Spanish Romance. Im going to try to work it up enough to record it but it is very challenging so we’ll see:)

I watched both videos but didn’t see how to do the harmonics at the end. Is there a tutorial for that?

Thanks!
    Joel

Andrew
    Keymaster

Joel, check out the Harmonics Course. Module 2 teaches that type of Harmonics and unit 2 covers the exact one that’s used at the end of that tune. But start at unit 1, module 2.

joelnal

Thanks Andrew!

ldarrow
    Participant

Theme of Love. Measures 9 and 10 definitely do not love me.

joelnal

Same! Im struggling with that section too. My fingers seem to be the wrong size for those measures. I can play it but it sounds very thin and muted. I’m hoping with more practice it will sound better. I have similar issues with measures 21-23.

biancak
    Participant

Hello
    Here’s me playing Spanish Romance. Such a great arrangement from Steven. Thank you!
    I’m a premium member.

marlongas
    Participant

Hello. This is the third month I have participated. The part after the slide up, is difficult for me because I am a big guy with big fingers and as Steve says in the lesson, the frets are narrow, anyway, sometimes it sounds better than others. I do not know how to do rubato with a metronome, it’s impossible for me and I have had to do it looking at the wonderful tool you have to play with the tablature, but it always sounds slower or faster than it should. I find Vibrato difficult because I have to move my finger up and down instead of sideways (sorry for my english).Anyway, I’m happy and I thank you for helping me improve with these challenges. Thanks a lot. I am a premium member

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by marlongas.
    cncamacho
    Participant

Wow love seeing all the Spanish Romance videos — will need to try that.

I am enjoying learning L-O-V-E and still working on memorization and speed. It’s such a pretty song.

biancak
    Participant

The melody already stands out / sings on the top of the chords. Well done.
    I’m also experimenting with L-O-V-E.
    May I ask what you did for the fingering of Caug (x445) at the beginning of Melody B?
    The video lesson shows barred 1 & then 2 on the G string. But Christopher is doing something different (something superhuman with 2-3-4 😅) Thanks
    At the moment I’m simplifying by only playing the 2x 4s…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by biancak.
    misterbones
    Participant

Here’s my version of Spanish Romance. Was lots of fun to learn, thanks for the beautiful arrangement.

Also, I just happen to have learned the James Hill version of L-O-V-E a little while ago, so I thought since this song is part of the challenge, albeit in a different arrangement, I post it as well just for good measure (pun intended). Hope that’s ok, otherwise please go ahead and delete or move to a different part of the forum.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Andrew.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Andrew. Reason: Link Fixed
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.