Participate in the March 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Love Songs!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Love Songs!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    emiliano
    Participant

Hello just in time haha today my neighboor decided to do some home improvement so noises all day long, make today recording a challenge for me hahaha.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

goody2shoes
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!

I realised that in order to enter I needed to submit the strum-melody arrangement so I’m slipping this one in at the last moment!

cheers

lisa-k
    Participant

@AJ Thank you for your feedback. I have found some of the chord transitions difficult so I’ll keep working, and slow it down as you’ve suggested. Many thanks!

turkgoose
    Participant

@AJ thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

morrieuke1
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, AJ-keep jammin and Happy Spring!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s everyone on page 7.

rockmyuke – Dennis, keep in mind that we are always our worst critic. I loved your interpretation. It was beautifully phrased and well played. Keep up the great work!

andrewvh – Great job, Andrew! It was cool to hear you throw in some of the concepts that Steven taught in the lesson, like vibrato.

I’d say, get it memorized so you can focus on how you want to splice in those concepts into the performance.

Catherine – Performance was great! Keep up the great work 🙂

celia21 – I like your use of rubato. Had a great natural feel, but be careful of having too much of a gap in between notes/phrases – which I head a couple times in the B Melody. Other than that it was great, keep up the good work!

eyka321 – Beautifully played! There were a couple spots you stumbled on, so just focus on cleaning those up in your practice. But otherwise, it was excellent!

timolnz – Performance sounds great, Tim! I would say that the notes sound a little bit punchy, which is indicative of plucking a little bit too strong/hard. But it’s hard to say if it’s you or just the audio recording being a bit hot.

Here’s a video you can check out that I made for another member in another challenge that talks about light verse soft attack:

goody2shoes – Sounds great, Joel! Well played 🙂

joe150 – This is one of the best takes I’ve heard from you, Joe! The melody sounds beautiful, but keep working on the ending of it. I’m really impressed with your performance this month, keep up the great work!

sylus9 – Here is my feedback for you and here’s the lesson I referenced 🙂

b_ukes_101 – Sounds great, Brandon! Focus your practice on cleaning up those little fluke areas and you’ll be rockin’ and rolling! Keep up the great work!

kirpuff – Beautifully played, Sara!

maryjanew – Sounds great, MJ! Keep working on the B Melody and I’d say, memorize it and then you can start to play around with some of the concepts that Steven taught in the lesson, like rubato or vibrato.

Andrew
    Keymaster

WOW! We had 56 members participate this month! This challenge was a lot of fun and AJ and I thoroughly enjoyed watching everyone’s performances. Bravo to each of you who participated! Everyone did an amazing job!

This month’s prize is a beautiful Islander Concert Ukulele. So without further ado, the winner is:

null

null

Our April Challenge is LIVE: https://rockclass101.com/april-2021-challenge. The theme is Heartwarming Songs and it’s your first chance to WIN a $1,400 Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! Hope to see everyone in the challenge! 🙂

—-

Here is everyone on page 8.

emiliano – Excellent interpretation. Every month your playing really impresses me, keep up the great work!

goody2shoes – Great start! Little more practice and you’ll smooth it out 🙂

Catherine
    Participant

Thank you very much for your feedback, Andrew!
    Cheers
    Catherine

morrieuke1
    Participant

Congrats, Deadbuggy!!

debb1985

@deadbuggy that lawnmower was your good luck charm! Congrats!

deadbuggy
    Participant

Thanks Andrew and everyone! I’ve never won anything before and this is a total thrill!

lhamilton
    Participant

Congratulations, deadbuggy! It looks like a lovely ukulele!

Linda

Catherine
    Participant

Congratulations Deadbuggy!
    Cheers
    Catherine

kirpuff
    Participant

Congrats, deadbuggy!!

lisadmh
    Participant

Woo-hoo! Congrats deadbuggy!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.