Participate in the March 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Love Songs!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Love Songs!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    marianne
    Participant

Thanks @AJ!

rockmyuke
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi,
    I can’t say I’m happy with this performance, but it seem that as soon as I start recording I tend to freeze and make numerous mistakes. At any rate, here is my attempt at Spanish Romance. Thank you for giving all of us this opportunity to have so much fun playing and learning such a fun instrument!
    Dennis

andrewvh
    Participant

This is my best complete performance of Spanish Romance. I would be much happier with it if I had the best parts of all my takes edited together. As it is, a few hiccoughs but generally accurate representation of my playing.

Catherine
    Participant

Hello,

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I have chosen Spanish Romance for this month’s challenge.
    Thank you very much for your feedback.

celia21
    Participant

Hi,

this is my recording of Spanish Romance. Unfortunately the quality of the recording is very bad…

eyka321
    Participant

Lost of mistakes to work with, but I decided that it would be pretty sad to learn it for the entire week and never submit
    It’s only the second song I managed to learn after last year April challenge😢 (and again, the one arranged by Christopher🙂)
    Here’s my video of L O V E

timolnz
    Participant

Hi All….Been away from the uke for a while but happy to be back if a little scratchy with this one. Tim

goody2shoes
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!

Hi Everyone.
    Not as much time this month to get it all to ‘performance standard’, but managed to knock out the vocal part of L.O.V.E. I’ll try and get a take of the instrumental section too, but I havent managed to get a complete performance successfully. Here’s the vocal take in the meantime:

cheers!

joe150
    Participant

My song is Love

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by joe150.
    • This reply was modified 3 years ago by joe150.
    sylus9
    Participant

I wasnt sure if I was ready to tackle this one yet… it being an intermediate level song and this really being the first song to actually memorize! Almost had Gymnopedia last month… almost🤪 so keep up the good songs! Just enough of a push to keep me interested and not give up! After only 8 months it’s easy to get frustrated. Can’t wait for the feed back.

AJ

Here is everyone on page 6!

karenj – Nice job! I would just spend a bit more time on the B section and watch out for those buzzy notes! Looks like for some of them your finger was placed right over the fret bar, so try moving your finger a bit behind the actual fret, that way it rings nice and clear. Other than that, great job!!

terryfallon3 – Sounds great! I would practice the melody just a bit especially the transitioning of notes. They sound a bit choppy at certain points because the note is being released too soon before the following note is played, causing a short gap. Practicing it slowly and making sure each note gets its appropriate duration is going to make it sound smoother. But overall it sounds great so keep up the good work!!

qiuyan – Great job! Very nice performance. Your technique looks great and the rubato sounded very nice as well. Keep up the great work!

lisa-k – Nicely done! For the chord melody part, there were a few parts that sounded a little choppy on the chord transitions. So I would smoothen that out by making sure the notes last the appropriate duration before switching. So practicing it slowly and paying close attention to the movements in the transition will be a very helpful way to do it. Sounded great so keep up the good work!

deadbuggy – Love it! Nicely played and I enjoyed the rhythm a lot. Great job and keep up the solid work!!

themccoys – Nicely done!! Great feel and technique through out. I would say just to work with the bits that are higher up on the fretboard. I always have to be extra careful since I have big hands and sometimes I don’t get my fingers sitting on those smaller frets properly and so I get some buzzy notes. So just make sure you focus on finger placement as you get higher up on the neck. Sounded great overall!!

richo_uke – Great job!! I would say to continue working on those transitions with the chords and melody as some of them had some sting buzz. Also make sure that each note gets its appropriate duration and that you letting go of the note too early! Other than that I think this sounds great, so keep up the great work!!

dividedsky – Great job! Very nice performance with great feel and timing. Keep up the good work!!

morrieuke1 – Nicely done!! Great playing and very nice performance as well. I would just watch out for some buzzy notes with a few of those barre chords in the B section. Other than that I think you sounded great. Beautiful uke btw!!

lizzieswolf – Nice job!! The A sections sound fantastic! I think the B section could use a bit of practice just mainly with some of those chord transitions. Once you got to the chord you sounded fine, so work with getting from one chord to the next smoothly and accurately. Great job overall so keep it up!!

b_ukes_101

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!!!

Hi Rockclass101! It’s been a while since I submitted a video and I’m kinda just getting back to the instrument so there are a few flukes but fairly well played. Can’t wait for next month!

kirpuff
    Participant

Well, it’s not 11:45 so that’s an improvement 🙂 this was my first classical guitar solo when I was a youngun, I’ve loved it ever since then. Beautiful arrangement, thanks Steven!

kirpuff
    Participant

Oops, meant to upload the take where I didnt cut off the first beat of m4 :O

maryjanew
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Ok, was recording several takes and somehow all my videos corrupted!
    The program failed!
    So I hurriedly recorded one more take to get it in just barely on time!

Here my Spanish Romance.
    I need more work but I really love this song and it was very challenging for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.