Participate in the May 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN a Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN a Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    gaberdude
    Participant

@Andrew thanks very much for the feedback, I’ll get right to work on my thumb position!

lyndallk
    Participant

Well thanks Robin. I’d be a little careful about taking notes on my timing – its not my strong point! Look forward to hearing your rendition. Hey, how are you going with election fever? It’s all on the weekend!!!!!

robinboyd
    Participant

@lyndall – when I say taking notes, I’m not taking notes because you are necessarily correct, but because you sounded different to what I was doing. I then looked it up and found that there are instances where I was right to begin with, and instances where you were right. Anyway, it was a useful exercise 🙂

lyndallk
    Participant

@robin even more looking forward to your rendition and may do that very exercise myself.

hotmilktea

@lyndal you nailed it so quick and nice! I am still practicing the sthetch chord~

kirpuff
    Participant

It is hard to sing and play at the same time and that was great, lyndallk! Now just record yourself singing the other two parts and splice it all together (Kidding 🙂 great job!

rickeymike
    Participant

Lyndall, Fan-tas-ta-mundo!

jinajupiter
    Participant

Very nice Lyndall!

Andrew
    Keymaster

lyndallk – That was so awesome! I’m definitely going to be sharing this on our social 🙂 And that’s so cool that you picked up the record on release day!

laurakarr12
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER. Enjoy listening to the struggles of a new player.

Sometimes I think I’m not improving, because there are still so many mistakes, but then things like learning and memorizing Here Comes The Sun happens in a week (with a few extra days of practice) and I realize I’m getting better than I realize. Thanks so much for making this possible Andrew and friends!

Still has some mistakes (guess which transition is hardest 🤪), but here is what a year of playing ukulele with online tutorials, including rockclass101 has done (ukuversary on Saturday!)

I’m a premium member, but already submitted When I’m 64. This is just my personal bonus challenge.

rickeymike
    Participant

Laura – Excellent. You hid your ‘struggles’ very well… I didn’t see any.

Sprinting – Well done. You may serenade me anytime. ha

Andrew
    Keymaster

laurakarr12 – Way to go! Here is my feedback for you.

@sprintingyogini
    – That was beautiful! Congrats on one year of playing 🙂

lyndallk
    Participant

Thanks for your kind words @hotmilktea, @Ricky and @Jinajupiter.

@kirpuff
    – I’d love to do that – don’t think I can do the technology, let alone the singing! But you know what? I play with a friend of mine and she’s a great singer so we may use the harmonies that Robin posted and have a go together. If we do it I’ll post it.

Andrew thanks for your comment. That’s very generous of you.

Laura that is really impressive – for anyone, but especially for a new player

Great bonus for us Sprinting! And happy first anniversary!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by lyndallk.
    lisadmh
    Participant

Great job everyone! I’ve gotta get my act together on this month’s song. You guys are doing so much better than I am at this point. Love the singing! I’m not even gonna try that, lol, you’re welcome.

I’m stealing the accents feedback from Andrew above. Good tips.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.