Participate in the May 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN a Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN a Kanile'a!

Viewing 8 posts - 271 through 278 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    nitsur
    Participant

thanks everyone..will definitely see if I can get that form fixed!

lisamcc
    Participant

Thanks Andrew – that’s really helpful. Hopefully with new reinforced bridge – my performance this month will be more up to scratch! 🙂

iyers408

Thank you Andrew for the very thoughtful feedback. I will work on practicing individual phrases repeatedly till I get them down and then put together the whole song. I listened to the other renditions, and frankly I am impressed that people have accomplished so much in a month. I think they are more advanced than seasoned beginners :-).

I did pick up a tip from your other lesson about looking where you want to land rather than how to get there. I just tried it today, and it does help a lot with the left hand movement.

Thanks again for all the effort you and your team are putting in to make us better and help enjoy the ukulele. You are all doing a great service.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thanks for the kind words, guys! Glad the feedback has been helpful 🙂

I wanted to share a super quick video from, Kaimana, who is Joe and Kristen’s (founders of Kanile’a) son. He recorded a really sweet message for everyone 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Video Fix
    rickeymike
    Participant

Video not available.

ukukelley1
    Participant

Andrew, I appreciate the thoughtful feedback! I am going to work to completely memorize and “keep” When I’m Sixty-Four and also A Thousand Years, as well as work on both Wipe Out and Aloha Oe for June… Perhaps ambitious, but maybe the variety will also help my ability to make myself do the “hard part repetitions” I need to get smooth…. because I’ll have a lot of different ones to do (?)…
    Thanks much for the helpful feedback,
    Sheryl

stinyuke

Thanks for sharing the video! 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by stinyuke.
    sabry394
    Participant

I write on behalf of my sister Noemi who has started to play ukulele in the last year! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 271 through 278 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.