Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    bklynsoul
    Participant

Hi,

I’m a premium member.

Here’s my attempt at Haunted Uke. Thanks to AJ for this piece.

rockmyuke
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all,
    Here is my attempt at Dream State. It’s such a wonderful melody. I really enjoyed learning to play it . . and listening to everyone play this tune and all the other November challenge songs. Thank you!
    Dennis

andyrose
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my Puff the Magic Dragon. I haven’t been able to manage Matt’s technique of barring the D chord while leaving the A string open. (How can your finger bend to do that??!) So as you’ll see and hear, I’m doing those measures rather awkwardly and having trouble getting a nice clean tone. Still hoping with more practice to get this up to a faster tempo.

Cheers,

Andy

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by andyrose.
    mark1256
    Participant

Andyrose, I did Matt’s lesson on bar chords about a year ago. I thought that D chord was impossible too. I kept at it and it’s now my favorite way to play a D. It’s handy down the neck too. Keep working at it and you won’t be sorry.

katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my “Puff, the Magic Dragon”:

Have a nice day!

b_ukes_101

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I really liked learning this song. I know I jumped the gun a couple times on the timing with the backing track but I did the best I could. Cant wait for next months songs.

andyrose
    Participant

Thanks, mark1256! I will definitely keep practicing and check out that lesson. I would really like to be able to bar the D chord – playing it with three fingers always seems very jammed up, even though I don’t have especially large fingers. Cheers!

lbilkie
    Participant

Hi, I’m Lori! First time posting. Hopefully I’ll get better at this! My timing is off, I know. I was nervous taping this.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

kanae926
    Participant

@lbilkie – Is your video set to private? I can’t view it.

lynnwatson
    Participant

I am a premium member. Here is my entry of Puff the Magic Dragon. Thanks!

robinl
    Participant

Hi everyone, enjoyed learning Puff the Magic Dragon for this month!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by robinl.
    givingtree89

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my “Toss a Coin to Your Witcher” for the November challenge!

Thanks for this fun arrangement! Still got some flubbed notes but I’m going to keep working on it!

wongbrown

I am a premium member.

I am submitting Puff the magic dragon. I really enjoyed playing this song. You may notice there were some noise when I released my LH fingers. How can I get rid of it?

Have a nice day 🙂

dododudus
    Participant

I’M PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello Everyone 🙂

This is the first time that I participate in the contest organized by the website.
    Here’s my attempt at “Toss a coin to your Witcher”

I wanted to thank all the people from Rockclass, I love your lessons and tutorials, I have learned so much 😀

Thank you 🙂

bemarlie

I’M A PREMIUM MEMBER!

Hello everyone! I chose Dream State for the November Challenge. As this is my first challenge, I didn’t expect it to be SO HARD to actually record it! I was so nervous. Overall I am quite happy with the result … but I should practice some more.

Thanks for the lovely piece! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.