Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    willymac
    Participant

Here’s my entry for the November Challenge. Due to the holidays I had to move all my “Lights, Camera, Action” stuff out of my corner and had to sit in front of a computer to do this recording. It’s just not the same experience. I especially miss the coffee and donuts breaks.
    Sigh. Oh well, there’s always next month…the word on the street is that one of the songs next month might be “Grorgia on My Mind.” Ok, that’s just the word on my street and I’m the one that started that rumour, but one can dream…and, and hope… 🙂

willymac
    Participant

Whoops,

I am a Premium member.

gstriph
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here’s Puff for November. I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

Jerry

kirpuff
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew! I really had fun with it 🙂

morrieuke1
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    Dream State for the Nov 2o2o Monthly Member Challenge.
    Thank you Stephen for the great composition, so much fun to learn and play.
    I wish you all good health and happy uke playing this holiday season:)

aksiomatic
    Participant

I am a Premium member.

Here’s my rendition of Toss a Coin to Your Witcher!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by aksiomatic.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by aksiomatic.
    kelsey91
    Participant

Does anyone know what the songs will be for December yet?? 😃

karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my submission for November. I tend to rush with my playing (especially when I get nervous when I push the record button) so it was nice to have the piano to help me slow down.

This light up ukulele was certainly a pandemic/online shopping/impulse buy. It isn’t the greatest sounding ukulele in the world, but the fun variety of the different light modes make up for it. I was going for a ghost-like effect and it’s also nice to blame the poor sound quality on the novelty uke rather than my playing.

I’m looking forward to reviewing all of your submissions. I wish you all happy holidays and hope you are all staying safe and healthy.

Take care,
    Karen

kanae926
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This is my first time playing with a backing track and it was an interesting learning experience, to say the least. I usually have timing issues, so I really had to count through this one. Like a metronome, the backing track doesn’t stop if you mess up and it was hard not jumping the gun (playing too soon) or lagging behind. Good thing I started with a simple one, I suppose. Baby steps, as the saying goes. 😉

Looking forward to the December challenge…happy holidays, everyone!

hibiscus

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello everybody. This is my first time participating in these challenges and it was much fun. I started playing and learning through this site a month ago, before I tried a couple of songs through youtube videos, so this song has been a challenge – especially up strumming (I just couldn’t manage to do it with my thumb, just with my index finger) and it was quite hard holding the ukulele without the help of my right hand (it kept falling when I changed the left hand) so I appreciate any input on this. 🙂

Haha and I discovered I had stage fright through this recording process 😀

Looking forward to the next month!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by hibiscus.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by hibiscus.
    andrewvh
    Participant

I am a Premium member.

Here’s my entry of Puff, the Magic Dragon. I found it harder than i thought it would be. But, I think the Flexibility of my left index finger inmproved with practicing those D chords.

morrieuke1
    Participant

Karenj, I love your light up uke and great playing too!!

akukes73
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Toss a coin to your witcher

I nearly didnt try this song as I thought it would be too ambitious, but glad I did as I enjoyed the series and love the arrangment and learning to play it – though it still needs alot of work. I found the pull-offs in bar 4 difficult – my ring finger on the C string seemed to hamper the movememt of my middle finger. Apologies for the sighs of relief that you can hear when I passed each pressure point in the song!

lhamilton
    Participant

Karen, that uke looks amazing for that song!

Linda

patparr
    Participant

Hi
    I am a premium member and beginner.

This is not my best shot, each time I start to record myself I become nervous.
    I know there is a few mistakes here and there, I hope it is good enough to be eligible for the month challenge. 🙂
    I don’t want to spend more time on it for now. Because I can’t wait to start practicing “The Christmas song” which I want to master before Christmas. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.