Participate in the November 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    smudge
    Participant

I am a premium member

Hello! Valse Venezolano really got the best of me – I love it, but can’t get it up to speed to play with the backtrack. So I turned to Etude in E Minor and tried to worked on my sustain. Also still needs to be brought up to speed. Both are great pieces. Thanks!

lynnzo
    Participant

Andrew, Thank you so much for the great feedback. I’ll definitely work on my left hand positioning. I also took the advice you gave to another person about keeping the left hand in the same position when changing notes in the 3rd, 7th and 15th measure. That helped a lot. I didn’t think about holding the bar on the second fret from the end of the first triplet through the rest of the measure. I watched the lesson but I must have missed that. I can’t wait to see what the December challenge will be.
    Lynn

dividedsky
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here is my submission for Etude in E Minor (in A Minor) by Francisco Tárrega. I really enjoyed learning this beautiful arrangement by Steven Warren!

Jane

rustypal

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my last minute submission of Etude in E minor.

Cheers

Russ

addilein
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

ukealori
    Participant

I am a Premium member.

Andrew,
    I took your advice from last month to heart and really worked on memorizing this piece. I have spent the most time practicing, and I am pretty happy with it….until I try to video myself. After 20 takes, I am shaking it off and going with this one. Forgive me in advance, this is not my best, but the best I could muster on video lol!

Progress, not perfection. I love making music! Thank you for these monthly challenges, it keeps me striving to be better.

kirpuff
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Beautiful arrangement, thanks Steven 🙂

themccoys
    Participant

I am a premium member!

I know it’s pretty slow, but I wanted to be able to keep it steady. I look forward to continuing to practice this song to get more emotion in and to learn how to do vibrato! But it’s good enough for now 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by themccoys.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by themccoys.
    john316
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

sylus9
    Participant

jfbrown616
    Participant

Hi!
    I’m a premium member! First time participating in the challenge. I know I need to practice the harmonics, and making the notes ring out. Thanks for the challenge, I really enjoyed learning Etude in E Minor!

sarahd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER… with no time to write anything! Hope this is the right video…

uku241
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I went with the Etude.

SO MUCH FUN!!

puppylovesuke
    Participant

sarahd
    Participant

Phew, that was close! But I think I made it, right? Bit of a panic at the end there. 🙂
    So I’ve been having issues with my little finger collapsing and locking in a straight position on this one (which is one of the reasons I couldn’t do Come As You Are a few months ago!) Any tips on how to strengthen it so the knuckle doesn’t lock?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.