Participate in the October 2017 Member Challenge – Halloween Themed ($300 Prize)

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2017 Member Challenge – Halloween Themed ($300 Prize)

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow! We had 45 site members participate in our 8th challenge for the month of October! I am blown away and extremely humbled. Great job to everyone who participated!

So without further delay, the winner for this month’s challenge is: *drum-roll*

null

Congrats! I’ll be sending you an email soon 🙂 Also below, I have left feedback for everyone who submitted on the last day.

Our new challenge for November is live! Click here to check it out: https://rockclass101.com/november-2017-challenge

—-

Margo, excellent playing! What ukulele is that? It looks cool, reminds me of the guitar in the first Bill and Ted movie.

—-

Brenda, awesome! Timing on the 16th notes sounds great, what I would work on is getting the transitions down. For example, when the chord hits come in after the 16th note picking. You want to work on smoothly transitioning from that section, to the chords, and back. Overall, you’re on the right track, keep up the good work 🙂

—-

klapaucjusz, great job! I can tell you put a lot of work into it 🙂 I do have a suggestion for you. What I would work on is evening out the overall feel. I think if you played with a little bit of a lighter touch, you would produce a softer and sweeter tone. This would also help to differentiate the sound better when you want to accent parts (dynamics). Give that a shot and let me know what you think.

—-

Kay, that was great! If you can do that well in 3 hours, imagine where you would be in 6 or 9. One thing I noticed: your seating position really curves your left hand wrist inward, which creates bad form. Just a heads up if you ever sit like that for practicing, although I’ve never seen that in any of your other videos.

—-

yoavlan, that was excellent! Keep rocking 🙂

—-

Lucinda, congrats on the new uke! It looks and sounds awesome 🙂 your performance was great. You have a wonderful feel and tone in your playing. You are right on about tightening up some of the transitions, but it really shouldn’t be too much work with how well you’re doing. After that, I would suggest to push yourself a little bit to see if you can increase the tempo a bit. Really great job, I enjoyed watching your performance!

—-

Cindy, excellent performance! Great timing and feel in your playing 🙂 hope you are still enjoying the Kala!

—-

Alain, fantastic playing as always! I do have one suggestion for you, the only section I would touch up is the rhythm for the strumming part. Other than that, you rocked it my friend 🙂

—-

Lisa, wow you’ve got some speed! Great job on The Addams Family 🙂 and the other song was wonderful too! I’d only suggest a couple of things to work on for the latter tune: Double check the rhythm in bar 17 and try not to pull down the chords (specifically the third string) in the last section of the song. You’re really doing a great job, keep it up!

—-

Will, great playing! The timing on the first Melody is spot-on! So if I were you, I would work on the second Melody and tightening up the timing of that section. A great way to approach practicing is by looping one bar at a time, instead of playing through all four bars. I’d recommend to use the on-screen tab viewer to practice looping bars. Check out this post, for some more tips.

—-

dinosanos, loved it! I really dig the hammer-on technique you used, sounds great! Keep up the good work!

nocnyptak

Thanks, Andrew!
    It is RISA soprano made from one piece of solid maple wood, and equipped with a passive Shadow piezo pickup, top mounted Grover tuners and Fluoro-Carbon strings. Pretty plain but the action is good indeed, buzz free along the scale and extremely easy to play. I bought it half price on ebay (only last week) and I am very pleased both with playability and its compact shape (perfect for travel). I use it as a silent uke for night practice while everyone is asleep but it can be plugged into amp (which I don’t have with me when I am away that’s why I recorded it in silent version).

CONGRATS TO THE WINNER!!! 🙂

kayleighb

Thanks Andrew. I was sat in an awkward position as the cat had fallen asleep behind me haha!

lisadmh
    Participant

Congrats ukuleleloo! I hope you’ll show us what you got!

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.