Participate in the October 2017 Member Challenge – Halloween Themed ($300 Prize)

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2017 Member Challenge – Halloween Themed ($300 Prize)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

No worries Robin and you already are awesome 🙂 Really great job getting that tune down!

debber90
    Participant

Hey Andrew…I am about 75% with the Addams Family…I just can’t seem to get over the hump of playing it all the way through without a few mistakes…Any hints on how to get over the hump so when I record it, well, it sounds good.

Deb

rickeymike
    Participant

Did I do it 4 times or 5 times in a row? Haha. Don’t think that I hit a sour A note but let me know. Like I said, this is a struggle and I need to move on to the D chords ’cause time is running out.

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Uke-Stars! Here’s my entry for the Halloween Themed Challenge!

peggy_s
    Participant

This is my daughter’s submission for the contest. She added a minor twist to it. Enjoy! 😀

awiealissa
    Participant

My entry for the challenge. I tried Hedwig’s theme!

kayleighb

Ah I’m so late to the game on this one. Work is so busy! I’m going to give Addams Family a go, was only watchimh Addams Family Values the other day, freaking love that film! Will see how far I get in the next week. Thanks Andrew for another great challenge and great to see so many entries this month 😁 Kay x

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Deb, I would focus on those areas that are difficult for you. So what you would want to do, is to take those phrases and loop them. Then when you feel comfortable, play the phrase before it and the phrase after it, so you get used to playing that entire section.

—-

Rickey, I’m not seeing or hearing anything wrong with the A string as you alluded to in our emails. I do have a couple suggestions for you. First, I would leave out the tap so that you can focus on the playing. Next, try to get your third and second finger to move in unison to form the G chord quicker. Last, try to push yourself more to increase the speed. The phrase sounds good, so sometimes we just need a little push 🙂

—-

That was awesome Brett! And I love the video and that intro haha

—-

Peggy, your daughter rocks! I bet you’re super proud of her, that was fantastic!

—-

Wow Alissa! You must be practicing a lot, I can hear tremendous improvement in your playing over these last 6 months. Keep up the good work, it’s paying off! I do have one suggestion for you. It sounds like the only section you need to brush up a little bit on is the second melody and check the rhythm on the Am chord outro.

—-

No pressure Kay, but everyone’s counting on you lol 🙂

rickeymike
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew. I’ll be the first to admit that I do need a lot of practice on forming the G chord especially with the middle and ring fingers. Sharp eye on your part. I will put in extra practice on this because I DO have trouble moving the middle and ring, My mind tells me to lift up or press down with either of these two fingers but my fingers don’t listen and I use the wrong finger. HaHa. 10 days and counting. Wish me luck. Hope you enjoyed Panama City. Last time I was there, I was a refugee from Katrina.

tessa84

I know how you feel Kay! I’ve been so busy this month haven’t had much time to practice but I am learning the last last few bars in the Hedwig theme, hope to post my video soon!

lisadmh
    Participant

Recording anxiety gets to me every time. Not my best or fastest but after a gazillion takes, this will do. Feedback welcome. I know I struggled with the outro. Thanks!

samuelsward

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by samuelsward.
    annemarie
    Participant

Here you go Andrew. I too am looking forward to season two!

dinhlien
    Participant

Hi guys,

This is my best attempt after 25647715 failed records. I have been sleeping for 4-5 hours per day for the past month but been practicing for at least 5 min per day, a little more in days that I’m free (like today), never skipped once. I’m just a newbie but hope to play well one day. Andrew has been really helpful in his videos and I just love learning from Rockclass 101’s channel. Thank you so much! Please give me some comments for my video if you have time 😊

-Linh

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by dinhlien.
    fedindark
    Participant

Learn this theme for year and still can’t play it clearly. Maybe it’s just because I’m lazy:) Thank you, Andrew, for this arrangement! I love Harry Potter. https://soundcloud.com/user-931020646/harry-potter

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.