Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 12 posts - 241 through 252 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    maryjanew
    Participant

@Andrew Thanks for the feedback. I know I am inconsistent with the bar chords and the clarity of the chords gets more muddled with the nerves as well! I will work on the exercises for finger strength. When I get better at this song, where should I post the update?
    Also, I LOVE Steven’s Bass part for Moondance! Does he have the tabs for it? Or a Bass lesson for Moondance? I bought a used Ohana OBU-22 Uke Bass earlier this year.

Andrew
    Keymaster

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED THIS MONTH! WE HAD 107 MEMBERS PARTICIPATE! YOU GUYS ROCK!

Angelo, AJ and I were BLOWN AWAY by how amazing everyone did! Big round of applause to everyone who participated this month. 🙂

Hope to see y’all in our November Challenge!

Here is a list of everyone who earned an entry for the giveaway. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

P.S. Angelo will post feedback for page 16 soon.

—-

johanna2509
    johanna2509
    melanieh
    rickeymike
    rickeymike
    b_ukes_101
    b_ukes_101
    zongozongo
    zongozongo
    raysantan
    raysantan
    myukemylife
    myukemylife
    planetfink
    planetfink
    mark1256
    mark1256
    ccwuke
    ccwuke
    qiuyan
    qiuyan
    lyndallk
    lyndallk
    misterbones
    misterbones
    terryfallon3
    terryfallon3
    rebeca
    rebeca
    barbecueblack
    barbecueblack
    wongbrown
    wongbrown
    robinboyd
    robinboyd
    antotonin
    antotonin
    shmu88
    shmu88
    katazumiri
    june2020
    june2020
    debb1985
    debb1985
    hollus
    willymac
    willymac
    brettboy
    brettboy
    nthibode
    nthibode
    rafaela
    rafaela
    joe150
    joe150
    patricia81
    patricia81
    whollyprofit
    whollyprofit
    mademoiselleannette
    clempek
    clempek
    ldarrow
    ldarrow
    lisadmh
    lisadmh
    terryfallon3
    terryfallon3
    seoulkim
    seoulkim
    henri0
    henri0
    akukes73
    akukes73
    bethany_guardiani
    bethany_guardiani
    simonalexander
    simonalexander
    felixhchan
    felixhchan
    kidelozzi
    kidelozzi
    lhamilton
    lhamilton
    lbilkie
    lbilkie
    saiyara
    saiyara
    robinl
    jbmills07
    jbmills07
    lynnzo
    lynnzo
    patdrehu
    patdrehu
    jayton
    jayton
    joelnal
    joelnal
    kpurdy
    kpurdy
    bibilele
    bibilele
    timolnz
    timolnz
    gi_gi_
    gi_gi_
    paul60
    paul60
    dennisdickens
    dennisdickens
    xavierrahfael
    xavierrahfael
    ukandrea
    ukandrea
    concan
    concan
    leslieb
    leslieb
    evapaju
    evapaju
    kelsey91
    kelsey91
    ebetsimo
    coffeemug
    coffeemug
    Catherine
    Catherine
    dododudus
    dododudus
    bluewater671
    bluewater671
    cncamacho
    cncamacho
    gstriph
    gstriph
    karenj
    karenj
    annemarie
    annemarie
    morrieuke1
    morrieuke1
    biancak
    biancak
    janaq1
    janaq1
    mermaidofca
    mermaidofca
    dividedsky
    dividedsky
    noahchen
    noahchen
    beauke
    beauke
    jnjmalos
    jnjmalos
    richard_siegert
    artcrocker
    artcrocker
    rufio0
    rufio0
    mac1984
    mac1984
    mfaske
    mfaske
    flenji
    flenji
    andrewvh
    andrewvh
    kean811
    kean811
    gonzo-fett
    gonzo-fett
    addilein
    addilein
    santai
    santai
    ukealori
    ukealori
    maryjanew
    maryjanew
    uku241
    uku241
    lisamcc
    lisamcc
    themccoys
    themccoys
    yukalele
    yukalele
    smudge
    smudge
    isabelm
    isabelm
    mkstewart67
    mkstewart67
    sylus9
    sarahd
    sarahd
    kirpuff
    kirpuff

Andrew
    Keymaster

@maryjanew – You can post here or email it to me 🙂

For your other question, please see this post.

mandzuke
    Participant

Hi there third time lucky? Hopefully not too late though 🥴🌸🌼🌺💕

maryjanew
    Participant

thanks @Andrew! I already went to check it out.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by maryjanew.
    Angelo
    Participant

Here’s All The Last Entries on Page 16

themccoys – hello thanks for your submission to the Fall Members Contest. You are very good at reading that song on the spot! Of course there were a few slow downs with that. Nothing that can’t be fixed with a few more practices to a metronome but overall decent performance. Thanks for the submission good luck!

yukalele – Hey man good performance and killer background! I seen you said it was learned a bit late so needs practice but still overall good job! If I ever need to learn songs that fast the best way to do it is to break it up 4 bars at a time. Get the first 4 bars perfect and move to the next 4 (and so on, and so on.) That’ll help bring out the best in this piece. Good performance thank you for your submission to the Fall Members Challenge!

smudge – Good submission of Moon River and we’re glad to see yet another premium member enter our Fall Members Contest! There were of course some slow downs from sight reading that could be fixed with a practice to a metronome but overall this was a good performance! Keep it up smudge thank you for your submission. 🙂

isabelm – Wow you got the playing and the singing down this is great. Loved it. I know you said you edited 2 videos together to get that transition down which is fine. For learning quick new songs I would get something like this down 4 bars at a time and move to the next 4 bars when those are perfect. Do that al the way through it’ll smoothen things out and overall I can hear you’re getting it down so it sounded good! Thank you for your submission to the Fall Members Contest Isabelm!

Mkstewart67 – Hey Mkstewart67! I want you to know this video was a great submission. There are very few parts that speed up that could be fixed practicing with a metronome as is usually the case with new songs we learn. Overall good performance with the solo thanks for your submission to the Fall Members Challenge!

sylus9 – Hey man thanks for the submission! I enjoyed your video. You’re still getting this down but now too shabby and of course there was a little bit of sight reading going on so that’s understandable. Practice 4 bars at a time and perfect each part and then move to the next 4 bars. That’ll get this under your fingers very quick. Keep up the good work my friend!

sarahd – Sarahd I think we all do the last minute submission sometimes haha! I’m glad you made it onto the Fall Members Contest! Hey not too bad. I liked your playing only suggestion to make this song shine is focus on adding the swing to this piece. We have a very informative video here to simplify the quickest way to get that swing feel in your playing. Overall good performance thank you!

kirpuff – Hello to another one of our premium members! So this was overall another good performance my friend. A suggestion I would make is to slow things down with a metronome and practice the song 4 bars at a time to get the timing absolutely perfect. You’re well on your way thanks for the submission keep it up!

@puppylovesuke
    – Beautifully played! Unfortunately, you submitted past our deadline so we won’t be able to give you an entry for the prize. Andrew tried to give everyone a friendly reminder last night. But the good news is there are 2 more chances to win! Hope you join us in November and December 🙂

Thank you everyone for your submissions they were great!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@mandzuke – Unfortunately, you submitted past our deadline so we won’t be able to give you an entry for the prize. I tried to give everyone a friendly reminder last night. But the good news is there are 2 more chances to win! Hope you join us in November and December 🙂

yukalele
    Participant

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for your comments. I find it quite difficult to be so disciplined as to do 4 bars at a time – I keep repeating the bits I’ve already got! Clearly you are right so I will try to do that.

November looks a bit challenging…

David.

Hi Andrew,
    I am having difficulty with the pull-offs in measure 8 of “Moondance” – Even’s Solo part. I have done hammer-ons and pull-offs a lot in the past, but can’t seem to do it well here. By “can’t do it well here.”, I mean that I can only make very little sound if any. I think this might be because it’s higher up the neck (I have never done pull-offs this high up on the neck). Is it possible that this is one of the things making it hard for me to do? If so, how can I do it better? If not is there anything you can think of that might be the problem?

Thank you so much for the help you provide for us!

PS: I am not 100% sure that I am allowed to ask question here so if that is the case please let me know and I will email you from now on.

Gavril

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by unlegendaryn00b.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Andrew.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Andrew.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@unlegendaryn00b – I moved this post to our October challenge, since your question is on a song from last month. Can you post a video playing it? I’d be better able to help if I can see/hear what’s happening.

Also, our October challenge has ended. So unfortunately, I wouldn’t be able to give you an entry for the prize. But the good news is there are 2 more chances to win! Hope you join us in November and December 🙂

bomarkt
    Participant

Moon Waltz
    Andrew I realize I’m too late to be inckuded in Oct challenge but thought
    this song you wrote was beautiful so recorded it anyway for my reference.
    Please write some more gorgeous pieces🥰

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thank you for the kind words. I’m humbled to hear y’all playing these compositions 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 241 through 252 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.