Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    evapaju

Hi Wrian! Just read Andrews answers to the very same question- one of them is posted today at 12.27 am.
    Good luck!

kpurdy
    Participant

I’m sorry, still trying to understand. Do I just follow the tabs, which makes the first chord a C instead of a G? Or am I playing a G chord on my low G? Thanks

Andrew
    Keymaster

You want to follow only the tab. The chords and notation are written for baritone tuning, so they will be incorrect for low G.

melanieh
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

I’m over the moon that I can participate on this challenge! I’ve learnt this arrangement hours after you posted this. I just couldn’t resist learning this beautiful piece. Matt’s has done a great job!

Here’s the link for my Moon River cover

Thanks!
    Melanie GCEA

myukemylife
    Participant

nice songs ANdrew to choose and one of them challenging !!!so I will choose 2 of them 🙂

june2020

Thank you for that info about Baritone vs. Low G. I did not know that you could just follow the tabs. Now, I’m anxious to go back to other Baritone lessons that I passed up on.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@johanna2509 and @melanieh – Both of you played it so beautifully. Well done! 🙂

rickeymike
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

Andrew
    Keymaster

@rickeymike – Bravo, Rickey! It’s amazing to hear how far you’ve come with your playing. It’s truly impressive. And I love the video, brilliant job on putting it together 🙂

rickeymike
    Participant

Thanks, Drew. I am humbled.

hollus
    Participant

Thank you @Andrew it works now!

b_ukes_101

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi Andrew! I had got so busy with school and such it was hard for me to find time for the uke. I finally hopped back on the practice train and am going to start entering again! I decided to go for one of the easier options this month since I’m a little rusty. It was a lot of fun to learn! I played it on a low G. Sorry for the crickets chirping haha.

zongozongo

Hi Andrew

Here is my contribution. Moon River. I am a Premium Member as well.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@b_ukes_101 – Welcome back! Playing sounds great! Don’t be afraid to use the pinky finger for notes on the 8th fret when doing the barre chord on the 5th fret. The pinky tends to be the weakest finger and folks hide away from using it, but using it will make those sections much easier/more efficient to play 🙂

@zongozongo
    – Beautifully played! Well done!

raysantan
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Please click the link above.

Thanks and Regards,
    Wrian

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.