Participate in the September 2018 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the September 2018 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Themed!

Viewing 8 posts - 151 through 158 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    curlyuke
    Participant

You forgot me X-D Page 9, 3rd post.
    I always had a unlucky feeling about that Etude – how could no. 13 be good?! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Curly, unfortunately your video and another member’s posts were not working. Yours displayed as:

null

I’d be happy to offer feedback if you want to re-post.

curlyuke
    Participant

Yep, my bad – I set the video to private instead of unlisted 🙂 This may work …

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sounds great! Great tone 🙂 Couple things, if you scroll back through the feedback I left for others, you’ll see some videos on thumb placement. I’d bring the thumb down a notch, so that it is slightly above the middle of the neck, as opposed to extending beyond it.

Great job on the barre chord’s left hand form! And for the last chord of the tune, try not to bend-in at the first joint with the index finger. But overall it sounds like you’ve been practicing!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Oh, and I’d bring the position of the right hand picking back, more-so over the sound hole. Check out this lesson for 2 suggestions on placement: https://rockclass101.com/proper-right-hand-ukulele-form/

curlyuke
    Participant

Darn it, I’d been working on that thumb but I can’t seem to get that finger straight when applying pressure yet, more practice! Thank you, I enjoyed the challenge as always and feedback’s always more exciting than I feel it probably should be 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

Congrats nngnmm! Islanders is great.

ukuleleloo
    Participant

Thanks Andrew for the feedback. I will work on your suggestions. Just to let you know, I’m also still working on your past suggestions with previous songs.

Viewing 8 posts - 151 through 158 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.