Participate in the September 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Pineapple Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the September 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Pineapple Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    mkstewart67
    Participant

Thank you, The Bumble Bard. I just love everyone’s entries and the learning is so fun and delicious and it’s never done which I love

mkstewart67
    Participant

Thank you Andrew, that is so cool!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@mkstewart67, same! It’s always so exciting to learn something new, and to learn from everyone else here! Learning is delicious. But now I’m wondering what learning would taste like. Maybe like chocolate covered raisins?

misterbones
    Participant

Here’s where I am with Bodysurfing, very much still a work in progress with lots of practice left to do, but as I’m running out of time I guess I better post it now to keep my streak of two uninterrupted years of monthly member challenge participations alive 🙂
    I chose the Uke 1 part and slowed the backing track down to 90%.

Thanks once again for a brillant ukulele arrangement and the equally excellent tutorial. I guess I sound like a broken record, but this is the good stuff that’s hard to find on the Internet and really helps me to become a better uke player.

(Please exclude me from the prize drawing this month. Thanks!)

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

This month I tried In the Summertime. It was a really fun arrangement.

Linda
    I am a premium member.

madz_about_uke
    Participant

Thanks @andrew !
    Do we need to write “I am a Premium Member” on top of the post?

I am truly inspired by @marianne and @ccwuke ’s Misirlou so I decided to try it 😄.
    This is my first time tackling the “tremolo pick” and I think I’m more comfortable using my index finger which looks weird 😅. Still needs a lot of practice and speed but I am having tons of fun learning something new, IT IS DELICIOUS as @mkstewart67 would say 😋
    I hope you don’t mind me posting another one, this is 90% speed. I am a Premium Member.

rafaela
    Participant

@Andrew Thanks so much for the feedback and the encouraging words! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@misterbones – Bravo! Brilliant take, one of the best I’ve heard from you to date! There’s only a couple spots that I’d work on syncing the groove a little tighter. First was 24 to 48 seconds (in your performance) and 1:42 to 1:54 (strumming part over the solo). Rest was solidly locked in with a great feel. Well done!

@lhamilton
    – Very nice playing, Linda! I want you to try something with this song. Play along with a click and try to groove a little behind the beat.

@madz_about_uke
    – PM is only needed for K giveaways 🙂

Song sounds great! But the motion for this technique should come from the wrist/forearm, not the up/down movement of the index finger’s joint. The wrist/forearm will give you a greater speed that can’t be duplicated by the method you are using.

karenj
    Participant

Here’s my September Submission of In the Summertime. This song was a stretch for me and this version has the least mistakes of all my million takes. I recognize my problems with tempo, and also have a tendency to play faster and faster the more takes I get, thus making more mistakes. I haven’t had much luck with a metronome but will have to give it a try again. In the spirit of Rock and Roll, this is also my first try with this little amp. I don’t think I have the settings quite right, but it was fun.

Thanks again to RC 101. And I guess now it is time to bring on Fall!

Take care,
    Karen

madz_about_uke
    Participant

Thanks, @andrew. I did try using a pick and wrist as a pivot. You are right it’s faster and the sound is louder. But I need more practice with my hand posture as sometimes I get it and sometimes I don’t 😄 Will continue learning this technique. So FUN!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@karenj – I loved it! You nailed the fun, feel good summer vibe 🙂

leb397
    Participant

My first try at an intermediate challenge. In the Summertime is such a great song and I tried to do it justice but so much practice and video takes, this was the best. HOW DO I STOP the clicking sound from my fingers??? Tried to strum softer on other takes and turn/flatten Uke more. Andrew, a previous entry had “chucking” and you made suggestions then – it’s funny, I tend panic when I do it… so funny. ANY W A Y.
    Everyone did awesome and it only inspired me to try more.
    Louisa

leb397
    Participant

@The_Bumble-Bard I love chocolate covered raisins ! Good choice 8)

mark65536
    Participant

Hi, great to see everyone’s recordings for this month.

I’ve tackled Bodysurfing – fantastic arrangement and a superb lesson, thanks!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by mark65536.
    brettboy
    Participant

@shmu88 and I teamed up this month to take on the Bodysurfing Duet 🙂

(I’m not sure if Sam’s going to post this video on the forum too but if he doesn’t please give us both entries for this post.)

I’m really happy with how our duet turned out. It’s not perfect but given that we’re both amateur musicians using our phones and iMovie and living in two different countries, I’d say it’s Pretty Incredible!

Compare this video my to April 18th 2020 video, when I first took on this same song. In that video I play it a little slower and most of the video is slightly out of sync. I think today’s is much better.

Big Thanks to Sam for requesting to do this duet. Getting better at this tune is definitely a goal of mine 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.