Official RC101 Song Request List

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Official RC101 Song Request List

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 553 total)
  • Author
    shashank
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

The Undertaker retired a couple of days back. It’s like an official end to my childhood. πŸ™
    Anyway I have been listening to his theme for the last two days straight. I was wondering if there could be a lesson on his theme. Here’s a link to his theme on the piano

Andrew
    Keymaster

I used to watch WWE as a kid too πŸ™‚ Funny thing was I thought it was real, until one day a dude jumped on another dudes head, but the camera showed he was a mile away and yet the other guy acted like it hurt lol!

I’ll add this to my request list Shashank!

shashank
    Participant

Thanks Andrew. πŸ™‚ And that’s pretty much how everyone learns the fights are not real. The action is real, but not the fights. πŸ™‚

But that’s why I love the dead man. Even after knowing the truth, his matches were a treat to watch. The guy could carry a match like no other.

Thanks again for adding it in the list. πŸ™‚

honuhonu
    Participant

Might be hard… any chance of a tutorial on “Viva La Vida” Coldplay

Thanks,

HonuHonu

kala_uke
    Participant

How about 7 years by Lucas Graham. It has a nice piano intro that I think could translate well to ukulele.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sure thing guys, I added both of these to my request list πŸ™‚ And Coldplay is on my to-do list for sure!

emmascott101
    Participant

How about Dueling banjos as solo Ukulele…. would be awesome to be able to use dynamics to make it like the guitar and banjo πŸ™‚

Andrew
    Keymaster

That song is on the to-do list as a duet Emma πŸ™‚

andracass
    Participant

Gethsemane and Heaven on their minds from Jesus Christ Superstar.
    πŸ™‚
    MT

Andrew
    Keymaster

Just added them to my request list MT πŸ™‚

lisadmh
    Participant

Anything more in the “enlightened beginner” range would be fabulous. Or maybe it’s just plain old beginner. I struggle with the level one still but I’ve been through the beginner course. Thank you Andrew!

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by lisadmh.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Andrew.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Next week’s lesson will be a “seasoned” beginners piece. Not as hard as most of level 1, but a step up from the beginner series πŸ™‚ I think a lot of people are going to really enjoy it!

ukukelley1
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    How about Lucky, by Kat Edmonson? There’s a great youtube video of her performance of this happy sweet song at Austin City Limits. I think it would be great and cheery on ukulele.
    Thanks!
    Sheryl

lisadmh
    Participant

Hi Andrew. I feel like you could do a stellar rendition of this:

I will possess your heart, Death Cab For Cutie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq-yP7mb8UE

I know your request list is likely very long, and it’s best for everyone that you to do things that YOU love, but I thought I’d put a shout out for Death Cab For Cutie anyway. Any Death Cab song at all would be fabulous, but this has such an interesting long instrumental introduction, good for uke? Or not? πŸ™‚

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Lisa, cool song! Might need to get Stephen on bass for that one πŸ˜‰

I added it to my request list, which yes, is getting quite long! Usually, when a song gets requested multiple times, it becomes a priority to do. Which was the case for our recent lesson on “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 553 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.