Ask Taimane ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN Her Uke!

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Ask Taimane ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN Her Uke!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Rock Class 101 Community!

We are in for a special treat! Ukulele virtuoso Taimane is stopping by to answer ANY ukulele question you have! As an added bonus, we are giving away a signed Ohana ukulele and CD to 1 lucky person!

Please watch the video above and read instructions below carefully for details/instructions on participating in this Q&A.

GROUND RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:

1. You may ask Taimane any question, as long as it is related to music and/or ukulele.

2. You can only ask 1 question, so make sure it’s a good one 🙂

3. Submit your question individually, as a reply, IN THIS POST by Friday, October 27, 11:59pm EST. DEADLINE EXTENDED to Friday, November 3rd, 11:59pm EST.

COMMON FAQs:

1) The Q&A and the giveaway prize is open to the entire world!

2) Basic membership (free) is required to submit a reply on this forum post. You can sign up for Basic Membership HERE.

QUESTION SELECTION:

Out of all the questions that are submitted, 5 questions will be selected randomly. These questions will then be sent to Taimane to answer. This means that everyone has an equal opportunity for their question to be selected and sent to Taimane to be answered 🙂

GIVEAWAY RULES:

There will be 1 winner, selected by random drawing. The winner will be announced in the upcoming video in which Taimane answers your questions. The exact date is TBD, but will most likely be sometime in November (dependent on Taimane’s schedule). To qualify to win, you must submit your question for Taimane by the deadline listed above.

Grand Prize:

1) Signed Ohana SK-14 Mahogany Soprano Ukulele and Signed CD: “We Are Made of Stars”

null

THANKS TO TAIMANE AND OUR SPONSOR!

Connect with Taimane on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/taimanegardner/
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/taimanegardner/
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo

Thanks to our sponsor Uke Republic: http://www.ukerepublic.com/

ukedumb
    Participant

What Is Your Practice Routine?

lilam07
    Participant

What ukulele do you use most and why?

rickeymike
    Participant

Why do you hold the ukulele low and near parallel to the ground?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by rickeymike.
    kayleighb

Hi Taimane. Newbie player here. I got my first uke at Christmas but started playing about 4/5 months ago. I’m now looking to upgrade my uke. Aside from price and size, what do you look for in a ukelele? There are so many brands/types it would be interesting to know the key things you should consider. Thanks 😁 Kay

vicentastico
    Participant

In your opinion, what makes a song fun to play?

joshwah
    Participant

How do you make playing more interesting/Spicy? I found myself stuck repeating the same chords with the same rhythm. And picking the same strings along with the same rhythm for a long time now. Has this ever happened to you while playing?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by joshwah.
    rontel
    Participant

Where is your dream place to play ukulele?

avaod03
    Participant

Do you like/would you recommend low G tuning? I have recently gotten a concert ukulele and know it’s used on concerts and tenors etc. (have a good concert!)

strumsilly
    Participant

I was honored to see you at the Strummin Man uke festival in Panama city. Awesome show. do you do anything special to your nails as your strumming style can be vigorous and when I strum hard I end up damaging my cuticle and or completely wear my nail out. Looked like you sometime played with a pic ? yes?

egomaniac
    Participant

Aloha Taimane,

First and foremost, huge mahalos for the music you share with the world!

I believe my question is music related with a twist. Here it goes…

If you could surf as good as you play ukulele,
    would you rather be a pro surfer or stay a professional musician or both? 😎😇.

Cheeeeeeehuuuuuuu!! 🙌🏽💯

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by egomaniac.
    libbylondon
    Participant

Hi Taimane. You are amazing. Thanks for doing this. Here is my question. There are so many ukulele tutorials on the internet now, such that it becomes confusing and overwhelming to know what to focus on. What are your suggestions to help a person find a learning pathway that makes sense?

kowina
    Participant

Hi,
    What exercise would you recommend to learn to strum so fast?

aqiel19
    Participant

For beginners what finger picking song do you recommend and what strings did you use + is it okay if I don’t use my fingernails to play the ukulele because its a rule in my house to have short fingernails
    Love your performance❤❤

debber90
    Participant

HI, I’m wondering how you make a song performance ready. I get stuck at a almost ready spot and don’t know how to move past that place…thanks so much

Deb

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.