Participate in the April 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    riberbula

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi,
    I started playing the ukulele this month. There is still a couple of mistakes every time I try to record this, but I’m not sure if I will be able to post another try before the deadline. Anyway, thank you for the challenge 🙂 Also, I initially thought it was about Avatar the Blue Guy, but when I realized it’s not, I ended up binge watching all 3 seasons :))

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by riberbula.
    terryfallon3
    Participant

Thanks Stephen, I appreciate the functional tip on a tool I haven’t used yet (as you could tell). Also appreciate the encouragement. t

ukandrea
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi Andrew,
    here comes my Beauty and the Beast submission:

Best,
    Andrea

emiliano
    Participant

Ty @Andrew for the advice, ya def I do need more work at a slow tempo, and ty for the early bday congrats, ready to eat a big chocolate cake slice = )

barbecueblack
    Participant

Hi RockClass101

Here is my entry for the April 2021 challenge. I had fun learning this catchy tune. Thank you RockClass for all the cool lessons!
    Oh, by the way, I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Cheers.

misterbones
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my attempt at Tiptoe through the tulips. Took some modest liberties with the arrangement in a couple of spots just for fun.

richard_siegert
    Participant

Hey Guys,

first time participating here at RockClass 101 :D.
    The Kanile’a Ukulele is beautiful and i love Avatar The last Airbender! I prefer the element Air btw.

I bought my Ukulele in Thailand and i am playing for about 8 months now.

hiloukes
    Participant

Hi everyone, here’s my entry. Avatar is one of my favorite shows so i couldn’t miss this month’s challenge. Hope you enjoy it 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by hiloukes.
    stianukulele

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Well, seems easy at first, but it was not easy, anyway, here is Animal Crossing 🙂

robinl
    Participant

Hi everyone, I enjoyed learning the beautiful Avatar medley this month!

wongbrown

I am a Premium member

Hi everyone, here is my attempt for Tiptoe Through the Tulip. I did it in a much slower tempo. I also need more practice in sustaining notes in some areas. I am pretty happy with it in general 🙂
    Thank you.

Sheila

concan
    Participant

I am a premium member

Here is my try of animal crossing. The second part i played really slow and it needs definitely more practice, but the month is over, so i have to take this attempt.
    I wish all of you a good day.

nthibode

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I learned the instrumental solo for Beauty and the Beast this month. Now I just need to win that baritone so that I can learn the singing part 🙂

Until next time!

richo_uke
    Participant

I Am A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello Rockclass family,

first of all I want to thank you, Andrew, that there were two beginner friendly songs to choose from. I tried to learn ‚The Last Airbender‘ because I had done a bit of practicing this song some time ago. But I still found it difficult because of two main reasons:
    a) I didn‘t know this melody and couldn‘t remember it —— that‘s why I have to keep looking at the fretboard and the notes while playing.
    This causes many mistakes.
    b) I wanted to play this melody with the thumb but found it difficult to do the slides on 2 strings with the thumb. So I decided to play finger picked. Here I struggled very much with plucking the first three strings evenly one after the other.
    If you can give me any advice it would be helpful if you could help me with these problems.

I know that there are mistakes but I couldn‘t do better.
    Thanks for reading.
    Rici

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by richo_uke.
    ukule_lise
    Participant

Hi,

I did Beauty and the Beast as a collab. The chords in the song were really hard for me and I think I need some muscle training to be able to play this better and in one take.
    I’m so glad Emiliano wanted to collab with me, he’ll upload the file as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.