Participate in the April 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    biancak
    Participant

In other months, I feel slightly disappointed when a difficult bar – that I had to practice hundreds of times – only gets one shot in the recording in the end. Not this time! Repeating melody A three times for the recording with the slides and mordents while keeping the tempo and keeping it light was a real challenge… Sometimes I didn’t have enough fingers and other times I just had too many on the fretboard 😀
    The scarecrow almost tripped over while dancing…
    Thanks for this song, I really enjoyed learning the many little tricks in it, especially the flick strum. I don’t think I would have found this song among the many others if not included in this month’s challenge.
    Not my best playing, but this is the best I could record – recording still freaks me out, even if without the video part 🙁
    I am a premium member

Andrew
    Keymaster

@katazumiri – That’s better! Although, some are still a bit off. I’d recommend a Skype lesson with Stephen. Working one on one with us will help as we’d be able to explain the rhythms in real time and help you get them down 🙂

biancak – The practice paid off! That was excellent! You nailed the feel of the piece, bravo!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@jeng18 – Please upload your video to YouTube and share the link here. Our upload feature is only meant for photos.

biancak
    Participant

Thank you, Andrew 🙂

karenj
    Participant

Here’s my submission of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I loved this medley, especially the Leaves from the Vine section. I had played around with some of the other options for this month but couldn’t get this song out of my head. I know I’m showing my age, but I remember my son loving the Last Airbender and I think I now need to find a way to binge watch it! There are plenty of mistakes and, as always, I tense up and my meager efforts to sustain notes goes out the window. At least I did a better job of not rushing too much.

Thanks again to RC 101. Happy Spring!

Take care,
    Karen

karenj
    Participant

Oops. I forgot to mention: I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.
    Thanks again.
    Karen

Andrew
    Keymaster

@karenj – No worries, I got you! Here’s my feedback for you 🙂

lakeside339
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER (though you wouldn’t know it 🙂 )

Well, very late and I guess my hands were tired. I think I missed many of the barre codes. Though truth be told, barre chords are still bit or miss for me. But I am definitely better than I was when I joined Rockclass. In part due the challenges that have included them. This is only 60% speed and not my best effort, but this is the best recording I could get. Pretty medley….

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by lakeside339.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by lakeside339.
    john316

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Still learning!

seoulkim

Dear All

Here is my first Ukulele recording.
    It was very interesting to hear my recording and a great chance to assess my play somehow independently.
    I hope all of you enjoyed this challenge.

Kind Regards,
    KyoungMi

ealtman

I am a premium member.

Just getting back into playing. It’s been an interesting year.

Thanks a bunch!
    Elizabeth

jeng18

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by jeng18.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by jeng18.
    brithor
    Participant

Hi,

really bad, but the best I can do for the moment. Timing is off and, and, ….. Old lady here = slow learner.

Arrangement is great (thanks Matt), I will keep on practicing.

I am a premium member.

bemarlie

Hi!
    Here is my video of ‘If I only had a brain’. Thanks for the lovely arrangement – I really loved to practice it! 🙂
    It’s not perfect – I know – and I will definitely go on practicing it!

And: I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

lisa-k
    Participant

So much fun trying this one! Apologies for the background noise – I had to record in my dog crèche! Quite a few mistakes but getting there I think

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.