Participate in the April 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 196 total)
  • Author
    ukealori
    Participant

I Am a Premium Member

I still struggle with performance anxiety, that darn camera. My focus this month was to memorize this piece.I actually did and am pleased….however that darn camera makes me play like a beginner at their first recital…ARGH
    I got that harmonic at the end.
    My encouragement to all of is live life, take a risk and post that video! Many many takes

ukukelley1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here is Andante. I tried to add some dynamics in the Melody C repeats (which worked better some times than others). This is the first time I’ve taken up the Challenge in a long time. This is a very inspirational prize!

Transitions to the repeats could be smoother, but – as usual – recording nerves still set me back a couple weeks of learning!

Sheryl

turkgoose
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I did Minuet in G because it’s so much fun playing with the bass line in the backing track, thank you Andrew and Stephen! (And also, I was so busy this month, I didn’t have much time to play the ukulele.)

artcrocker
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

My YouTube link to Minuet in G for ukulele

karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my April Submission of Minuet in G (AKA C Major). I was impressed by how much the backing track messed with me after practicing it “solo”, sort of like when I hit the record button. It was a good challenge for me! I very much enjoyed the lesson and learning the song. Thanks again to Rock Class 101 and best wished to all.

Happy Spring!
    Karen

akukes73
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I had wanted to play this with the bass accompaniment but at the start of April me and my family all finally succumbed to Covid. Thankfully all on the mend but it meant I was only able to pick up the uke a few days ago. Anyway here is my attempt at Minuet in G.

richard_siegert
    Participant

Hello everyone,

this month I struggled A LOT!
    I definetly underestimated “Prelude in C”. It was so hard to learn all the measures, especially because they are all so similar to each other.
    I guess next month I am looking for an easier song to learn ;).

Next month I will do better!

richard_siegert
    Participant

Oh and I forgot to mention,
    I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

This is my first month paticipating as a premium member btw.

concan
    Participant

I am a premium member

Here is my late entry and my attempt of minuet in G.
    What a great price!

themccoys
    Participant

I am a premium member! It was fun to play this with the backing track, although 75% was all I could handle so far 🙂

zongozongo

Here is my contribution. It’s Prelude in C. This was tough for one month. Quite a few hiccups in between 🙂 But the challenge was fun. I learned a lot.

I am a PREMIUM member.

Greetings,
    Nicolas

uku241
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow, so much fun to work on with the backing track.
    I was happy I got it up to 100% speed, though this was the best of 11 takes and not perfect by any means.

Now I need to work on technique to not have those extraneous sounds. I guess it’s just practice? Letting go of frets “quietly” and such? I’m not sure if you have a video giving pointers about how to be careful of extraneous sounds from your fret fingers….

Thank you RC!!

akichman

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.
    Thank you for motivating me to practice my ukulele more!😆

laurajax
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    I should have done the beginner challenge, but I liked the Andante.So here it is, mistakes and all.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by laurajax.
    sarahd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Trying to record this first thing in the morning before the kids wake up and start shouting things like “I can turn into a turtle” in the background like they were doing last night – spoiled my best take that did! I haven’t had a cup of tea yet though so I’m struggling to remember what I’m doing…

Hoping the view in the background will distract you sufficiently. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.