Participate in the April 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 196 total)
  • Author
    bibilele
    Participant

Love this Minuet though it was unusually hard for me to memorize it. You can still hear a few hesitations.
    The prize is bombastic, wow! Still I’d rather not get an entry cause I fear the taxes. LOL

lbilkie
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I loved learning this happy tune! Never without a couple of hiccups, but here is Andante No. 2:

lynettejd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

gi_gi_
    Participant

@Andrew Is it possible to get the backing track for “A fifth of Beethoven” at 60% and 70%?

misterbones
    Participant

@gi_gi_

This worked for me: https://audiotrimmer.com/audio-speed-changer/

You can upload a soundfile, convert it to any speed you wish (without changing the pitch) and download the converted version.

I used it to create a 150% speed version of the backing track, as I thought at 100% it sounds a little bland. Just wait for my submission.

Nah, just kidding, I’m shooting for 90% right now. 100% is still just too much of a stretch for me.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@Misterbones Thanks a bunch. It worked like a charm. Can’t wait to hear yours.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by gi_gi_.
    kpurdy
    Participant

I am a premium member.

As always a good challenge for me! Coming up on a year playing and I know I’ve made a lot of progress with Rock Class 101. My right hand looks really stiff and maybe in the wrong position? Thanks for any feedback!

ukulelee
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!

Hello Andrew and Rock Class folk! Thank you so much for this challenge. I love this tune with the bass backing tracks at two speeds. So handy. I always use the looper on the play along tracks to dig into the tougher bits. It is super helpful. A bit more time will smooth out my effort, but there it is. Oh my, that Kanile’a is ear and eye candy at its finest. What a prize! Thank you again.

debb1985

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

April was a rough month for me. Both my boys were sick (youngest spent a night in the hospital for dehydration – all better now though!) and then I got sick right after they finally got better. I was originally going to learn Prelude in C, but due to not having a lot of practice time early in the month, I knew I couldn’t memorize and learn it in time. I went with Andante no. 2 instead and really glad I did. It is super fun to play and I like the challenge of the finger frenzy aspect of it. I played it on my Baritone so I am still working on nailing the stretch chords, but overall pretty happy with it after this crazy month!

leb397
    Participant

How do we make a mp4 small enough to upload. Struggling to post my video
    Louisa

Andrew
    Keymaster

@leb397 – can you upload your video to YouTube and share the link here? Unfortunately, our upload feature is primarily for photos.

kmoore925x
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here it is, my first foray into recorded ukulele. I can definitely hear my hesitation in some spots, and it’s only at 90% speed, but hey, it’s my first try so I’ll take it.

sarrafina
    Participant

I am a Premium member.

This challenge I did Waltz in C. While it was short it was a fun piece.

wongbrown

I am a premium member

I am submitting Prelude in C for April’s monthly challenge. Thank you and Steven for such a beautiful piece of music. I have been enjoying so much in playing.

I still made lots of unwanted sound. I had been trying to mute the strings but sometimes it just happened.

ukandrea
    Participant

@wongbrown: I had that unwanted sound problem as well for a very long time. I remember Andrew’s and nthibode’s tips lie in the left hand technique (they have videos on that) – I developed another approach that works totally fine for me – In cases where the lifting of the left hand chord shape does an unwanted sound, I just very slightly touch the strings with my right hand picking fingers at the moment directly before lifting off the left hand chord shape. Don’t press, just touch it super lightly. I do not know if this is an official technique but it is what works and now comes natural to me.

Happy picking,
    Andrea

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.