Participate in the April 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 196 total)
  • Author
    mark1256
    Participant

I am a Premium member.

Worked most of the month on Fifth of Beethoven. I guess it’s just a little too much, so Here is Waltz in C.

leb397
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Everything about this was a new challenge for me. Recording, memorizing a long piece, posting to YouTube and so much practice. I used the base track but hard to hear and I had trouble hearing as I played. But I recorded both speeds at 75% and full. I have much more practice ahead. I admire all who have posted and make it look so easy! Thank you Andrew for great challenge and Kanilea and Uke Republic for this incredible chance to win. Louisa

sir_anzalot
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I’ve not posted stuff in ages but I’m happy this challenge finally got me out of my recording slump! =)
    I picked Stevens wonderful take on Bachs Prelude in C for this challenge and man, did I underestimate this piece! Doing this was quite the grind, I have never had to memorize this many chord changes in an arrangement in just two weeks. Even though there are some hickups I’d say it went somewhat well.

Have fun with the challenge everyone! 🙂

joannetala

I’M A PREMIUM MEMBER

This was a nice opportunity to play my low-G uke again. Had to pick between the Waltz and Minuet. I love both but since I already know to play the Waltz, I thought I challenge myself and picked this piece. Good luck to everyone in this challenge!!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by joannetala.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by joannetala.
    dianna
    Participant

I am a premium member

My first challenge submission ever…..not perfect, but it’s a beginning!
    I found Andante No 2 to be cute but tricky! EspeciAlly that finger spread😜

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by dianna.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by dianna.
    jlbross
    Participant

I am a premium member and already submitted for April but my goal was to get it to 100%
    which I managed To do with lots of practice.

gi_gi_
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I had to try Evan’s rendition of “A Fifth of Beethoven”. My first video too. I figure it would be more forgiving than an audio take 🙂 May 2022 makes my 1 year Ukuleleversary. Thanks for the amazing challenges which have pushed me to try things I never would’ve dreamed of tackeling.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by gi_gi_.
    lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

This month I tried Prelude in C. Made definitely some mistakes in the playing, but this was my best recording. I found it interestingly difficult to memorize, but it’s quite a beautiful piece and fun to play.

Linda

felixhchan
    Participant

Hi I’m a premium member and this is my submission for the April Member Challenge

cimarronsailor
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Who knew I would totally smash my RH middle finger right before I needed to record? I tried to make the best of it.

pysanky
    Participant

I am a Premium Member, apologies for the double post, I hope this works this time. Thank you for the chance to enter this contest!

mkstewart67
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

I finally got my video made on time, so here it is. Thank you all, for sharing your music! Its always so nice to see the progress and talent!

followmemae
    Participant

Hi everyone
    I’ve chosen Minuet in G, I’m a beginner but wanted to give myself a challenge.

sir_anzalot
    Participant

Very nice @lhamilton 🙂
    I feel what you said about memorizing the piece. Everyone who put him / herself through this has my respect regardless of how the recording turned out in the end. I tried getting a perfect take for three hours yesterday but after a certain point it was useless to continue and I ended up using one I had after like 20 minutes 😀

antotonin
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my attempt on a fifth of bethoven. What a challenge… Still need training for some mesures but that’s my best for today 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.