Participate in the April 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@katazumiri – I thought it came out great!

@clempek
    – Bravo!I don’t think it’s beyond your playing level at all. You rocked it! Keep up the great work, Clem!

clempek
    Participant

@Andrew : thanks a lot !

I’m sure I could never have played songs like this without rock class
    I’m really happy to have found this site/this community

Merci pour tout 🙂

rafaela
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

“The Ascent” really is quite a challenge, but it is also a lot of fun learning it! Here is my recording of it, it still needs a lot of work but I am quite happy about how it’s going so far 🙂
    I have to admit, though, that I did not manage to record the whole song as a single take (the furthest I got was Theme 3, from there on it went downhill veeeery quickly 😅 ), which is why I had to record all of the themes seperately (that is, I paused the recording after every theme and then began playing the next theme), hence the slight differences in the tempo. I hope it still sounds okay 😄

Thanks for listeneing, and have a great weekend!
    Rafaela

anyon1
    Participant

Hi All!

I’m a Premium Member.

I thought I’d try an intermediate piece for the first time this month. Here’s my attempt at Fingerpicking Etude no. 32. I love the melody! I had to slow it down to about 80% but still found it quite challenging!
    –Adriana

marianne
    Participant

Here’s Fingerpicking Etude n.19:

I adapted the fingering a little for the larger baritone frets and took some liberties with the dynamics 🙂
    Dauntingly beautiful piece (thanks @Andrew) with super challenging barre/stretch chords… I can’t count how many takes I had 😂 Still not perfect but working on it, especially theme 4.

ccwuke
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

The Fingerpicking Etude no. 32 melody has been on repeat in my head since I first heard it!

evapaju

@marianne -so beautiful, especially nice dynamics! I am admiring how you can play this piece on baritone while I cant seem to stretch that much on my tenor ukulele.

patdrehu
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello every ones ! Here is my entry for april 2023 challenge : Fingerpicking Etude n°1. I love this kind of spanish style fingepicking piece.

My rendition :

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by patdrehu.
    dianna
    Participant

Hi @marianne, beautiful…great job!… and loved the deep voice of the baritone…It looked like your chording was the same as the smaller ukuleles….I don’t see a capo…are you tuning your baritone like the smaller ukes? Thanks, Dianna

otzepeng
    Participant

Heyho @marianne,
    also flashed by youre arrangement on the baritone. Wonderful, deep tone and played so soulfully. Bravo!

shmu88
    Participant

Hey guys!

Here is my attempt at the indeed “olympic” challenge of the Ascent! I agree with you Andrew, a tenor uke makes it even harder… but since I don’t own a concert uke (yet), I had to work with that haha. I also tried to bring more passion/feeling in my playing like Evan did but I ended up losing my focus and making more mistakes so I had to stick to my serious/boring face lol.

Anyways, don’t think I can make a better video than this one so here it is, even though I’m not 100% happy.

Cheers!

Sam

shmu88
    Participant

oops also I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

leb397
    Participant

@shmu88. Wow very nice. Sitting here practicing… admiration and inspiration 😊

rafaela
    Participant

@shmu88 I totally agree, great playing! And great tempo, I am not even close to that speed, respect! 👏

joe150
    Participant

I hope this works, I am a premium member

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by joe150. Reason: forgot premium member
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.