Participate in the April 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    gstriph
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Big month here – lots of work cleaning and packing – we move from Ohio to Tennessee in under 3 weeks…I have learned how to strum Rocky Top on the uke in preparation.

Here’s the entry for this month. I only had time to do one take so here it is, warts and all.

Jerry

marlongas
    Participant

As every challenge,I could play it better…but not when I`m recording me. Anyway,here’s my submission for this month. I am a premium member

marianne
    Participant

Thanks a lot @evapaju, @dianna and @otzepeng! 😊 I am lucky that this ukulele has such a sweet and deep tone.

@dianna
    , no it’s strung as a regular baritone ukulele. Basically what I do is while I am learning the song, I put the capo on 5 so I can follow with lesson and play along with the video, and then when I feel I have it down, I remove the capo and play counting from fret 1. Just means that I am playing the tunes in a lower key.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by marianne.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by marianne.
    selfrazor

Hey guys
    I am new here and it’s my first challenge

barbecueblack
    Participant

Hi

Here is my April entry, Fingerpicking Etude No.1. It was really melodious. Playing it was such a joy!

I am a PREMIUM member.

Cheers

riffyk
    Participant

This is for the April challenge. Etude 1. Never posted anything before, so I hope I am doing this right. Not sure if I am supposed to put my name on this, or not. So I am going to.
    Riffy K. Oh and yes I am playing with a low G. Hope that is ok too.
    Just tried to download file. No go, says too big. I did the recording on YouTube, how do I make it smaller?

gstriph
    Participant

Hi @riffyk !

If your file is saved in your YouTube account, you change it to “unlisted” (or “public”, not “private”). You should have a shareable link. I find this in my private YouTube channel page.

In your post here, you don’t upload the video.

Just type what you want to say.

Then in a separate line, paste in the link

If you want, you can type more after the link.

In the box here, you’ll see the link. When you hit submit, your link will be replaced with picture/icon of your YouTube file (like most of the posts here).

Hope this helps! Jerry

dianna
    Participant

@marianne – that’s clever!

riffyk
    Participant

Premium member

Ok I try this again. First time ever doing this kind of thing. Etude #1

riffyk
    Participant

Tnx so much Jerry. Got it done.

mark1256
    Participant

Premium Member

Etude #19. Way over my head ont the stretch. I slowed down the tempo on the bar chord section due to all my issues on the stretching section.

brettboy
    Participant

Ahoy Ukulele Friends!

I am a premium member.

This month I took on the Evan and Andrew’s beautiful piece “The Ascent.”
    An excellent song and a very good challenge.
    Here’s my best play though yet:

Andrew
    Keymaster

@rafaela – That was amazing! Bravo! I think you’re at the point where you’ll want to focus on increasing tempo. Continue with your approach for working on one section at a time. But double check the tab. I did hear a few times where a note(s) or chord was incorrect. Keep up the excellent work, I was very impressed!

@anyon1
    – Excellent playing! You nailed the distinct feels between both sections. Well done!

@marianne
    – Wow, Marianne! That was really impressive that you were able to do those stretch chords with the index finger on a baritone. Even I don’t want to attempt that lol! I know I’ve said it a ton of times, but I really love the deep tone of that uke. It really compliments your beautiful playing 🙂

@ccwuke
    – Another excellent take this month, Chris! Great job showcasing a distinct feel for both sections!

@patdrehu
    – Beautiful playing, Patrice! The only thing I can comment on is that you omitted the four bars before the B Melody (bars 9 – 12). Otherwise, it was awesome! Keep up the great work 🙂

@shmu88
    – So I didn’t read what you wrote before I watched your performance. And the big thing I was going to mention, was exactly what you focused on. In theme 4, this tune really starts to build. To hear the flow of your playing from the first three themes going into that one, you nailed exactly how this piece is supposed to develop. This has definitely been the most expressive playing I’ve heard from you. Phenomenal job!

@joe150
    – Bravo, Joe! This is the best performance I’ve heard from you to date! Keep up the excellent work 🙂

@gstriph
    – Beautifully played, Jerry! Good luck with the move! Tennessee is an awesome state. Been there a bunch of times and enjoyed each visit 🙂

@marlongas
    – Excellent performance! And your recording quality was phenomenal too. Well done!

@selfrazor
    – That was a fantastic first post! Excellent fingerpicking! My only suggestion is to slow the tempo a little bit. It’ll give the music a little more time to breathe.

@barbecueblack
    – Beautifully played, well done!

@riffyk
    – That was an excellent first post! You played it beautifully! The only thing I noticed that was a little odd was when you fretted the 2nd fret on the G string. That note sounds a little “off”. It might be an intonation issue with that one fret. This might be something you want to get checked out by a luthier.

@mark1256
    – Beautiful played, Mark! The stretch chord section sounded great to me! Keep up the great work 🙂

@brettboy
    – That was awesome, Brett! I really like how you interpreted this piece and made it your own!

omaon4

I am a Prime member

😊

robinboyd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.