Participate in the April 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    lbilkie
    Participant

Thank you, @Andrew – I noticed those half notes after I listened to other members playing it “wrong!”

ucolele
    Participant

Listen to Etude no.1 by Wobbles on #SoundCloud

Please enjoy/endure my first ever entry,

Thanks!
    Colin

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by ucolele. Reason: Added my name
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by Andrew.
    patdrehu
    Participant

Thank you very much for your comment @Andrew! May some stress during recording make me forgot this little walkdown part that end nicefully on the b note…

richo_uke
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi Andrew, hi members,

finally I’ve finished my take on ÉTUDE no. 1.
    I practiced everything at a low tempo until I got it under my fingers.
    But as always… this was before recording. Nevertheless – I don’t feel as uncomfortable as I did one or two years ago. So I think that things develop slowly but surely.

Have a great weekend
    Rici

coffeemug
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Hi! Here’s Etude #32. I could use a couple more weeks of practice on this one.

Have a great weekend, friends!

karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my April submission of Fingerpicking Etude no. 32. I have been participating in these monthly challenges for several years and always share the recording with my Dad. He has loved watching them and always gives me support and encouragement. He is now very near the end of his life and I recorded this month’s challenge at his bedside. I wasn’t able to do my typical million takes, and the only ukulele I had available was his low G. But it will have to do and it was an honor to play for him. Thank you to RC 101 for pushing me to improve and especially for pushing me to share my progress with others. Music is magical.

Take care,
    Karen

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@karenj, that’s so touching and lovely. All the performances I’ve seen of yours have made me smile because you always seem so happy in them. Your story is really special, made me tear up; thank you for sharing that. Praying for peace and comfort for you. 💕

richard_siegert
    Participant

Premium Member

Hello Guys,
    I am back for this amazing redwood Ukulele from Kanilea. Andrew, you made a good choise there ;).

I like Etude no. 32 a lot, but I still struggle with some parts and I can’t reach 100 % speed.

See you next month.

lmdlinda
    Participant

thanks so much Andrew! sure love this etude you wrote! a lot!

smokealot
    Participant

Here is a new take of No. 1.

Was working on No.19 which I like a lot but could not get played clean at all.

jody_hendrickson
    Participant

Hello Andrew and all-

All the selections were so beautiful it was hard to choose. As I really wanted to practice arpeggio strumming I chose Etude No. 32. The strums are still pretty clunky but better than before learning this piece! My left hand went off script at measure 21 so pardon that. Everyone did such a great job this month, congrats! Thanks, Andrew, for all your lovely and fun-to-play original etudes.

Best,
    Jody
    I am a premium member

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ucolele – Beautiful playing! The only suggestion I have is to continue practicing the transition to the G chord in the B Melody. It’s tricky! And don’t forget to add the index finger down to make it an F in bars 17/18. Overall, it was an excellent first post!

@richo_uke
    – Lovely performance, Rici! There’s only a couple (very) minor hesitations. Sounds like a little more practice will smooth it out. Great job this month!

@coffeemug
    – Well done, Mary! I have 2 suggestions. First, try playing the first go-around a bit slower in tempo. That will help the second time through have a more profound effect when played at a faster tempo. Second, keep working on that transition to the F chord (0553).

@karenj
    – Such a beautiful performance for your dad, Karen ❤️

@richard_siegert
    – Fingerpicking sounds great! Excellent roll technique too! Have you tried playing to a metronome? It sounds like you are around 90 – 95 BPM. Try playing 4 bars at a time to the click. When you can keep it steady, move onto the next 4 bars of the tune. Then piece those together (8 bars).

The click will help to push you to keep timing. And breaking it into sections will make it so it’s not overwhelming.

Alternatively, you can use the tab player and turn the metronome on and play with Steven. Still use the same approach as above. Loop 4 bars at a time, at a slower speed than his performance.

When you feel comfortable at your base speed, start increasing the tempo by 5 or 10 BPM.

@smokealot
    – Beautiful performance, Ulli!

@jody_hendrickson
    – Roll technique looks and sounds great! Lovely performance! I really enjoyed watching it and TY so much for your kind words 🙂

nishant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey Everyone!
    Here’s my submission for April 2023 Challenge.
    I was excited to learn Etude 19. It was so challenging and fun (not for my left hand) to learn this beautiful piece. I hope I was able to justify the original piece.

SoundCloud Link:

Andrew
    Keymaster

@nishant – Awesome performance! Great playing throughout! My only suggestion is to try to increase the speed of the sweep strum. Check out this lesson from our Next Level Strumming Technique Course. Matt’s got some great pointers on the mechanics of that technique.

concan
    Participant

I am a premium member

this time I choosed fingeroicking etude no.32
    my rhythm especially in the first bar nearly in every line isn‘t smooth. I have to work on it. But I love this peace because of the hammer-ons and pull-offs and I thought ist was time to try a more challenging peace.
    Have a good time

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.