Participate in the April 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    tim0721
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

The struggle is real. Playing with 4 fingers is no joke.

Fantastic etude Andrew. I know you categorized it as beginner level, but geez that ring finger did not want to cooperate and made it all the more difficult.

Cheers,
    Tim

coffeemug
    Participant

Will do. Thanks, Andrew!

ucolele
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Andrew. Knowing I was recording myself definitely threw me off a bit but hopefully that will improve. Fun taking part!

leb397
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I am going to submit two video’s.
    I started learning Etude 32 but I struggled with the strumming pattern and didn’t think I could complete it. I couldn’t get the tune out of my head… loved it.
    So I started Etude Fingerpicking. It wasn’t an easy piece either but here is my submission.
    Louisa

leb397
    Participant

This is my second video

I couldn’t give up on Etude 32 so I mixed it up and tried the one-finger strum approach.
    Both videos need more work but I loved the tunes so much and all the entries made me want to keep trying.
    so here is Etude 32
    Thank you Andrew and Stephen for amazing music
    Rock Class really does ROCK!!!!
    Louisa

ukulelee
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

(and very pleased to be!)

Hello Andrew and RockClass folk,

Here is my submission of the absolutely addictive Fingerpicking Etude No. 19. It’s such a great moody piece and really fun to play. I most definitely need to speed it up and smooth it out, and I will do that. I’m keeping this one alive.
    Thank you so much for inspiring me with these beautiful originals. After listening to the other submissions I want to learn them all. Cheers!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@concan – I’d def say you are more than ready to jump into more challenging pieces like this one. It sounded great, keep doing what you’re doing 🙂

@tim0721
    – You aced it! Timing was excellent! Very well played!!

@leb397
    – Excellent playing on both tunes! For etude 1, I’d focus your practice on the B Melody. Some of the notes seem to not be ringing out. It’s hard to tell from the angle of the video why, but it sounds like you may not be applying enough pressure fretting the notes.

For 32, I like the thumb approach for the first time through, but I think it would be easier to use a 3 or 4 finger approach the second time through to build speed. So that would be my recommendation for you to try 🙂

@ukulelee
    – Beautifully played Leone and your uke has such a lovely tone! You aced the stretch chords, very impressive! This is def one of my favorite performances from you. Great feel and pacing throughout!

smokealot
    Participant

Sorry. Forgot to mention: I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

misterbones
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I decided to take on The Ascent, even though my practice time was kind of limited this month. I have some serious trouble keeping a steady and consistent timing and groove. I tend to rush through some of the passages and play them too fast, and when I consciously try to slow down, the timing starts falling apart. So as I’m out of time, I guess I’ll just have to post what I have so far, but I will definitely keep working on this one.

moonshoes
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting, participating in a challenge and recording myself. A lot of firsts, haha. I’ve been checking in every few days to see the new posts that have been added and it’s been so fun to listen to everyone’s recordings and it’s definitely made me want to give the other three a shot as well at some point!

It was a little strange to watch endless takes of myself, but I can see how it can be useful. A thing I noticed for the first time, for example, is that if I don’t anchor my pinky on the uke I tend to stick it straight out for some reason. I can’t really tell why this happens, and only when I focused on it enough was I able to curl it in a little (which definitely felt nicer to play), but then I found it more difficult to focus on what my fretting hand was doing, so… yeah. Work in progress, I suppose.

It was overall a bit of an awkward experience, especially because it’s a pretty hot day over where I live and my hands were getting so sweaty I could feel them slipping off the strings. Perhaps recording will go better next month, however. I’ll certainly keep trying! 🙂

lynnzo
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    I worked a ton on Etude no. 19 but I could not get theme 4 to a point where I wanted to submit it so I spent the last couple days on Etude no. 1
    This is my submission of Etude no. 1 and I’m not going to give up on 19.

annemarie
    Participant

Tricky but fun!
    I am a premium member

peiching
    Participant

Good day Rockclass

I would like to participate in your challenge. Thanks to this challenge and the great lessons, I picked up playing the uke again after a long break. Here is my attempt:

Many regards

morrieuke1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    This is my first recording on my new Kanile’a K1 tenor-I have died and gone to uke heaven! Thanks to Mike at Uke Republic for great set-up and service!

ksapp92
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

It’s testing and concert season at school right now, so I haven’t had as much time as I’d like to practice, but I managed to get this done just in time.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.