Participate in the August 2017 Member Challenge – Hawaiian Themed

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2017 Member Challenge – Hawaiian Themed

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    ellieukulele

Hey! If I have the Basic membership then how can I (or can I) learn the whole song?
    Thanks!

jam0h101
    Participant

If I can’t afford Premium membership, can I just play the free section of Waimanalo Blues?

Andrew
    Keymaster

ellieukulele, premium membership is not required for the challenge, but premium membership will make it much easier to learn.

In a previous challenge, one of our basic members was able to learn a premium member song by watching the performance video and other member’s submissions: https://rockclass101.com/forums/topic/participate-in-the-may-2017-member-challenge-classical-ukulele-challenge/page/7/#post-11776

You will need to play our complete arrangement to qualify for the giveaway.

—-

Hi jam0h101, you can enter the challenge with a partial arrangement. I review every performance and offer helpful tips to all who enter. But, in order to qualify for the giveaway, you must perform the entire piece.

kayleighb

Little victories. I can now play up to the end of bar 12 at 50% speed on Waimanalo Blues. My hands hate me but so worth it when I can keep up with the tab viewer with only minor mistakes 😁

Andrew
    Keymaster

So awesome Kay! Keep up the good work 🙂

andracass
    Participant

Naaaaaaaaa, too difficult for me! I don’t think to partecipate 🙂

philrab66
    Participant

I can not get enough sound when I slap the strings only time I do is if my nail accidentally hits the fingerboard. All I am doing is muting strings.

thidmark

Hi Andrew, I have a question for this challenge. On Aloha Oe, toward the end of bar 18, I have a hard time moving from 10th fret to the 2nd fret. Would it be okay if play G(3) instead of G?

Thank you 🙂
    Pam

tessa84

Last question for me, is it possible to play the harmonic at the end of aloha’oe by tapping if you have long nails?

ser_ser

Hi Andrew,

Here is the challenge. great to have something not heard before and learning it through.I will try to practice till end the month and see if i could get improved version. this one is just a bit awkward.

BTW, tried to copy the embeded code from youtube but cannot make the youtube embeded work. if you can help, thanks.

ser_ser

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by ser_ser.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

That was fantastic ser_ser! Congrats on being the first one to submit a video too 🙂 I’ve got some tips for you on your vibrato. I’ll be answering all the questions in this post in a video soon and will add a section with some tips on vibrato for you in that video. Great job though, I enjoyed watching your performance!

philrab66
    Participant

Good job ser_ser
    Having trouble with this one, only got 12 frets to body and big fingers

kayleighb

Hi Andrew. On Waimanalo Blues, any tips on getting the 5-2-0 stretch in bar 26? I can get my pinky onto the correct fret but struggling with the pull off from 5-2. Is this a strength thing? Kay x

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey guys, here are all the answers and feedback for ser_ser 🙂 I thought I’d release it earlier so everyone has more time to work on these songs with their question(s) answered. Let me know if you have more questions and I will be happy to answer them.

philrab66
    Participant

Hi Drew
    I think Tessa has same problem as me concert with only 12 frets to body
    Phil

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.