Participate in the August 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Songs You Requested!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Songs You Requested!

Viewing 8 posts - 136 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    funtime2018
    Participant

Thank you Steven for your feedback. Listening to my recording I hear the slight pause of sorts between measures 6&7. I’ll work on it today.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Overall we had 41 members participate in this month’s challenge! And guys, I know I sound like a broken record, but it’s so cool to see everyone come together and support each other as a community and to challenge ourselves to get better! Bravo to everyone who participated 🙂

Our September challenge is LIVE and the theme is: ORIGINAL MUSIC! There’s also a really unique prize for September! You can check out the new challenge here: https://rockclass101.com/september-2020-challenge

So without further ado, the winner of this month’s challenge is **drum-roll**

null

null

BIG THANKS TO NICKY FOR LENDING HER AMAZING TALENT!

This month’s prize was super cool! Thank you @NickyG for making it possible 🙂

Check out her illustrations at: https://www.nicolecandeloro.com/

Follow her on Instagram and Facebook.

—-

Here’s the last of the feedback 🙂

@kirpuff
    – Your playing always sounds great, Sara! But, I do have a suggestion for this song. I’d recommend slowing down the tempo quite a bit which better reflects the “love song” mood/flow. And maybe experiment with rubato a bit, too. It works really well with this tune 🙂

@lissid
    – Playing sounds great, Melissa! That’s cool that you’re noticing volume attacks. I don’t think yours is overly strong, but every hit is quite consistent in volume, so you may wanna experiment with varying the volume of notes/chords – which is what I talked about in this video:

mac1984
    Participant

I am excited I won, I really liked her drawings! I’ll share it when it is complete!

lissid
    Participant

Thanks Andrew, I appreciate the feedback 🙂
    Accenting and dynamics is a struggle, as I’m focusing so much on not muting ha, especially when barring. I will keep at it!

wongbrown

Thanks Stephen for the feedback. I’ll try and work on those areas. Thanks for helping me to progress. Much appreciated, cheers

smokealot
    Participant

Congrats mac! I hope we get to see the resault 🙂

santai
    Participant

Thank you for the positive feedback @Stephen!

And congrats to you, @mac1984! 👏

maryjanew
    Participant

Congrats @mac1984! I did not have time to work on any of the August challenge songs! we had a lot going on as a family. I hope to participate in the September challenge

Viewing 8 posts - 136 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.