Participate in the August 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Songs You Requested!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Songs You Requested!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

Bianca, I’m using the C string version, as I like it better. What do you prefer?
    And I will no doubt be doing a slower tempo. I always do. Because I prefer songs slow (lolol). How are you doing with memorization? I usually am good at that but this one is killing me with all the subtleties.

Great job everyone. Amazing how you can post so fast and so well.

biancak
    Participant

@lisadmh, It’ll be C string for me, too, and slower tempo 🙂
    No chance to play it from memory within August, so most probably I’ll record it while playing from the muted play along tab to avoid having to turn 5 pdf pages on the screen…
    Good luck with the subtleties! I know exactly what you mean

By the way, last year I’ve seen a few performers at various festivals playing from an iPad, turning pages by tapping on something on the floor with the foot. Anyone knows how that works / what it is called?!? Would be useful longer term…

mark1256
    Participant

Biancak, they may be using an app called OnSong. I use it and have thousands of songs stored. It does too much for me to discuss. But you are able to scroll music or use a foot pedal to control the music. I prefer the foot pedal. Just go to the Apple AppStore to check it out. It does cost but is well worth it.

qiuyan
    Participant

I’m still practicing the Rainbow Connection, but I find that the rhythm of bar 31 in the interactive player audio doesn’t seem matching with the tab. In the downloaded tab and the tutorial (25:25), the 3 notes last for 1/8, 3/8, 1/4; but in interactive player’s audio (non-synthetic), it sounds like 1/4, 1/4, 1/4 to me? Thanks!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by qiuyan.
    gmflin8
    Participant

Aloha everyone

I don’t wait to be great to share; I share so I will become great one day

So here it is

Thanks to Stephen’s feedback last month, I think my right wrist is not bending as bad as before.

It is quite an experience recording myself. The recording made me realize the places I need to practice further. I felt my play sounded so much better than it really was. 🙂 Recordings don’t lie.

Feedback welcome.

biancak
    Participant

@mark1256, thanks for the tip. Good to know there’s a workaround if memorising fails 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@qiuyan – You are correct, he played it as quarters in the performance. I updated SS to reflect this. Good catch!

biancak
    Participant

@qiuyan, your observation is correct. The performer’s liberty 😉

annefgodfrey
    Participant

A premium member, this humble submission is dedicated to Vladimir & Maria of Brazil. Vladimir is hospitalized with coronavirus.
    Prayers for all across the globe who suffer.

Thank you, Andrew, for Rock Class 101. Especially at this difficult time for so many.

planetfink
    Participant

Beautiful, Anne, so good to see and hear you.

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Thank you for kind words, Kathy.
    I appreciate so much your thoughtfulness.
    Stay well.
    Sincerely,
    Anne

aloooy
    Participant

Heard this a lot watching tv during as a kid, so the tune is quite special to me.

Chose an easier song this time with Rainbow connection. I decided focus on the little things to making a song more alive with the suggestions on sustain and accents.

Thanks again for this sweet arrangement.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

planetfink
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Never was a huge fan of this song until I learned this arrangement. Now I love it. So much fun to play.

planetfink
    Participant

Hope you don’t mind a second version of Rainbow Connection, but I wondered what it would sound like on the cigar box and really liked it. I think I played it better too because I had already posted so I played more freely, less nervous.

gmflin8
    Participant

@planetfink, that is a cool uke you got!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.