Participate in the August 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Songs You Requested!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Songs You Requested!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    katazumiri
    Participant

Thank you Andrew!

Yes, Grace and I have similar problems, I found her question last month.
    If I take the tenor ukulele, everything seems to be fine. Only it has a low G and I don’t want to change strings all the time.
    If I take the soprano ukulele, then problems begin.
    If I increase the pressure of the right hand on the body, then the ukulele falls forward…
    If I decrease the pressure of the right hand on the body, then the ukulele falls down from the left…
    That is, everything is very unstable.
    I got tired and put the ukulele upright.
    Apparently this is not correct, but it stood rooted to the spot (which made me very happy) and I had the opportunity to think about the placement of my fingers.

And Matt shoved the ukulele under his armpit. If I do the same, then the fingers of my right hand will be at the level of the first fret.

I see that Grace solved the problem this month with a belt… I have nothing to fasten the belt to yet.

Sorry for my English. I don’t know how well Google translate works.

gmflin8
    Participant

@katazumiri

I still struggle with holding a small soprano ukulele, however, if you see Christopher, clearly has no problem making amazing music with his soprano 🙂

Just FYI – my string was a makeshift uku strap made from a shoelace and a command tape
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qiqfz8zrcjrx2lw/uku_strap.jpg?dl=0

My goal is still eventually to be skillful enough to do without the strap

Let’s make progress together

Aloha, Grace

morrieuke1
    Participant

Oh those ukulele faces just keep coming, and I can’t stop them!! Beautiful arrangement AJ (more challenging than meets the eye) I hope I win, what a cool prize!!

wongbrown

Hi all, I am submitting Wonderful Tonight. I’ve done so many takes that I have to choose one. Yes the recording volume was too low and there were glitches. I’ll try and submit one more if I can make it before the deadline. Appreciate your feedback.
    Cheers

andrewvh
    Participant

Here’s my entry for the month. By no means perfect but I think one of my best performances so far.

qiuyan
    Participant

Thank you Andrew for your suggestion! The anchor method does feel and sounds different than the floating method. Cannot tell which I prefer yet but I’m practicing to be more comfortable with both for more flexibility 🙂

becky7777
    Participant

Happy Onam to anyone celebrating with their families today! Be safe enjoying the festivities!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@katazumiri – For soprano, you need to rely on form 2 when playing passages like that to keep the neck propped up. Or as Grace mentioned, you can use a strap 🙂

surrealflea
    Participant

Here is my Rainbow Connection.

While this isn’t the most beautiful recording, it means a lot to me that I was actually able to get a recording done at all. I managed to slice my left-hand index finger with a kitchen knife early in the month, which sent me to the hospital, and my hand was in a splint for most of the month. I was really worried I might not be able to play ever again.

Happily, healing has gone better than anyone expected! With physical therapy started this month, I can fret notes again (without too much pressure on my index finger), and I can play for about ten minutes at a time. I’m so relieved! While it may not seem like much, this song is a victory lap for me. 🙂

rickeymike
    Participant

Very well played, Andrew!

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

Here is my playing of Wonderful Tonight. I found it interesting since I had to fight zoning out a bit as I played and forgetting where in the piece I was. There is a bit of pausing at the end as I do that and that will disappear as I play it a bit more over the coming month. My two dogs liked this music and would often settle nearby as I played.

(I am a premium member)

Linda

rickeymike
    Participant

I recorded this twice with the same result….The microphone seemed super sensitive and you can’t hear the subtleties when I play softly vs medium soft. I wonder if the microphone is compensating and keeping the volume at a constant level?

b_ukes_101

Love the singing rickymike!!!

joe150
    Participant

I am a Premium member

My problem is every time my video ends, my whole channel comes yp with other videos than this month video.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by joe150.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Video Added
    rickeymike
    Participant

Joe, that happens to everyone. If you uploaded this months video, it will remain.

Thanks, b_ukes. How can you not sing when hearing this song. ha

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.