Participate in the August 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Songs You Requested!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Songs You Requested!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    Catherine
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my submission for the august Challenge.

I am also working on Wonderful Tonight. If it is OK, I would like to try to submit for the feedback.

Cheers

Andrew
    Keymaster

@Catherine – Very well played! I like the change in tonal coloring when you switched from thumb to fingerpicking and back. That was a great idea! Keep up the great work 🙂

Catherine
    Participant

Thank you very much Andrew for the feedback! I will do so!

biancak
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    Here comes version 2…
    Faster, more fluid, with a couple of notes mixed up (memory fails…) and even though bar 29 is still uncertain at least it’s different from the first submission 😀
    Bianca

I’m a premium member

Andrew
    Keymaster

@biancak – Awesome! You’ve got it down now, way to go 🙂

biancak
    Participant

Thanks Andrew! 🙂

johanna2509
    Participant

Here is another Rainbow Connection. I had a busy month, that’s why I chose an easier tune. I wasn’t a big fan of this song at first, but now I really like it!
    I hope the sound this time is better. I recorded with the front camera of my phone again (last month I used the main camera), thus the quality is not that good, but the ukulele sounds louder.

So here it is:

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by johanna2509.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@johanna2509 – Well played, sounds beautiful Johanna 🙂

johanna2509
    Participant

Thank you Andrew 🙂

katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my “Rainbow Connection”:

Have a nice day!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@katazumiri – Well done! Playing sounds great, at this point I’d working on boosting the tempo ever so slightly to help develop speed. Start gradual – 5 or 10 bpm and when comfortable, continue increasing it another 5 bpm.

But the big thing I want to point out is the way you’re holding the ukulele. It’s placed directly in front of you and angled almost vertically. This is not good proper holding form and puts your wrist in awkward positions, as well as, limits mobility/dexterity.

To work on this – I’ll paste a video I made for another member below, but I’d also recommend reviewing these 2 lessons: here is the first and second lesson.

cinichol
    Participant

Apologies if this has been asked 9,874,546,432 times before, but…any chance we could see next month’s challenge early? 🤓

Andrew
    Keymaster

@cinichol – They always come out on the day of or 1 or 2 days earlier 🙂

cinichol
    Participant

Thanks Andrew. I’ll try to be patient lol. You’ve got the best learning site on the web by miles.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@cinichol – Thank you so kindly! Really appreciate it 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.