Participate in the August 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Bamboo Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Bamboo Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    ldarrow
    Participant

My august submission. Still time in the month to work on transitions and speed, but this was just the best time in my schedule to record. Thus, still a work in progress.

coffeemug
    Participant

Greetings from the shores of Lake Michigan!

Thanks, Andrew, for such a cool sounding etude!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@potato_lady – Even under water it sounds beautiful πŸ™‚

@jedart
    – Excellent job! My only suggestion is to play along with me in the tab player or to a click to work on timing (keeping a steady tempo).

BTW, I just filmed a lesson for our new series, mini lessons, which is launching soon. The lesson is called “Navigating the Fretboard” and it’s a cute little etude that jumps up/down the neck. Will be a good one to learn for extra practice with this. Plus, it uses a swung rhythm so it’s got an extra challenge FP Etude #13 doesn’t have.

@lhamilton
    – Bravo, Linda! Timing and feel where excellent! One tip, try using ring and middle for the 3 – 2 – 0 pull-offs. IMO, pinky makes it harder to get it clean since it’s the weakest finger.

Great job on the workaround for the thumb! Works well!

@felixhchan
    – Excellent performance and your uke has a beautiful tone πŸ™‚

@ldarrow
    – Beautiful performance, Linda! My only suggestion is to try not to pull the 2nd string down in the FmM9. That way the note doesn’t go sharp.

@coffeemug
    – I loved it! Gorgeous playing with a view and ambience to match it πŸ™‚

lhamilton
    Participant

Wow! Thanks, Andrew — I really enjoyed the piece. Playing it on Baritone sounded lovely. I’ve used my little finger a lot on violin and bouzouki over the years and tend to just use it on uke, but it definitely can be harder and less successful to use for uke pull-offs and hammer-ons.

Linda

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@Andrew, thank you kindly! I will continue recording under water then! πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

No one needs to know the explanation, but I had a fan running while I was recording that ………….. Fail.

I am bad at so many things.

coffeemug
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew!

rafaela
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER.

Just recently I came to realise that for me, this year’s July challenge marks one year of participating in the RC101 challenges! I have learned so many new things throughout the past year and have picked up so much – so a big thank you to you Andrew and the other teachers for all the amazing arrangements, great teaching and fun songs πŸ™‚

Here is my participation in this month’s challenge with “Fingerpicking Etude No. 5”:

Thanks for listening, Rafaela πŸ˜€

Andrew
    Keymaster

My pleasure y’all!

@rafaela
    – That’s awesome to hear and we’re humbled to be a part of your musical journey. Congrats on your 1 year and cheers to many more!

Beautiful performance. I always enjoy listening to you play πŸ™‚

morrieuke1
    Participant

Here is my August submission of the Explorer. I recorded this for a challenge 4 months ago, and aimed this time to play more dynamics and a bit more rubato, with a less strict tempo. I believe I succeeded, I think my first performance was a touch cleaner, and a bit faster too, but overall I’m happy with my progress. Thanks Andrew for another staple in the ukulele repertoire!

leslieb
    Participant

I am a thankful premium member.

Here is my rendition of Etude No. 5. I still need to work on agility and speed.

Thank you for this lovely song and your instruction.

Life is good,
    Leslie

mac1984
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

olemartin
    Participant

Hi,

Yet another Fingerpicking Etude no. 5 coming your way here. Thanks for the incentive for some practice 😊

I am a premium member.

Greetings,
    Ole Martin

jeetmann

This is my monthly challenge entry.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@jeetmann – Can you upload your video to YouTube and share the link? Our upload feature is for photos only.

jbmills07
    Participant

I am a premium member

Went with fingerpicking etude #5 because I just loved the sound so much! I can’t quite get it to sound right, I think it’s probably just speed, or the whole 3 finger picking issues, but It’s fun and beautiful to play regardless! Also, I happen to own a tenor of the Kala bamboo uke being given away! So I figured I would use it so possibly any potential winner could hear it in action before getting it! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.