Participate in the December 2018 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE to Win Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2018 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE to Win Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 290 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

@spencer_davisss – Copy the link from the browser. Paste it in the comment. It’s that simple. No need to worry about embedding, etc.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Been busy lately so last minute submission with little practice. Hope sched free up next month so my submission will be better.

I am a premium member.
    Had fun learning the arrangement:)

suzie1
    Participant

This was really fun thanks Andrew!

robinboyd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Why do I always leave it to the last minute to record? I woke up this morning with a stomach ache and I haven’t been able to shake it, so you’ve got a very imperfect performance. There are a couple of points to note.

1. As a few people have already mentioned, singing and playing together is HARD. This one is particularly difficult because you really have to focus on the singing. If I sing without playing or play without singing, I’m a whole lot better.

2. The reason I close my eyes for the “glooooooooooooria” bits is not because I’m overcome with emotion, but because it gets rid of the temptation to look at the fretboard. If I look down at all while singing that bit, I run out of breath.

3. I’m really trying to relax my jaw when singing the “gloooooooria” bits, but I haven’t quite got there yet. I’m so stressed out about running out of breath that my jaw clamps up. Feeling sick doesn’t help.

4. I’m using a capo to bring this into a more comfortable range, but that quietens the uke a little bit.

lyndallk
    Participant

I like your performance, Robin.

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks @lyndallk

akshxd
    Participant

I broke my hand a week ago, so this was a little difficult but I couldn’t let go of the chance to win this ukulele! I’m a premium member. Can’t wait for the results! 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by akshxd.
    robinboyd
    Participant

@akshxd – You’ve just put me to shame. My stomach ache is a very poor excuse indeed!

lyndallk
    Participant

Very impressive akshxd! Sorry about your hand.

rickeymike
    Participant

akshxd, I dub thee Brave Heart. Well done! Heal well.

Robin, amazing. Did you memorize all those lyrics? That was a feat in itself besides singing and playing simultaneously. I don’t know enough to use a capo but would it even work on my soprano?

chenlihsue
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Stopping in to say I’m so excited to see who wins. Good luck everyone! There’s been so many wonderful entries and I have enjoyed seeing everyone’s ukuleles and listen to you play. What a wonderful community! Thanks for all you do Andrew and friends.

awiealissa
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey, I’m so happy that I managed to learn one of the songs and record a video in time.

Here’s my entry for the December challenge:

View this post on Instagram

„The First Noel“ – My entry for the @rockclass101 December challenge. They‘re teaming up with @theukulelekidsclub again, a charity that supports hospital-based music therapy programs, and they donate money for each entry in this challenge 👍🏼🎄✨ #ukulele #fingerstyle #ukuleleplayer #christmas #thefirstnoel #harmonics #ukulelelover #ukelife #fingerstyleukulele #rockclass101

A post shared by Alissa (@_awiealissa_) on

Unfortunately I haven’t noticed that my video goes over a minute and thus about 10 seconds are now missing in my Instagram Post 😀 So I uploaded the whole audio file on soundcloud just to be safe 😀

Merry Christmas everyone 🙂

cyberloh
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Busy month. Running short of time. A lot of terrible mistakes.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.