Participate in the December 2018 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE to Win Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2018 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE to Win Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 290 total)
  • Author
    hondamom
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I had practiced this, almost memorized it and then got busy for 10 days so another last minute submission! My first video submission as well:

I’m seeing now it should be photographed in landscape. Oops.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by hondamom.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Fixed!
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Woohoo! We have 75+ entries in this month 🙂

The winner will be announced tomorrow (12/24) LIVE at 12 PM EST on our YouTube channel at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8fWJWT6f2g

Friendly reminder, the cutoff for entries for the Kanile’a prize is tonight, Sunday, December 23rd, 11:59pm EST. Please check your current local time zone. This month will be a hard cut-off. Submittals past the deadline will NOT be counted.

I will post a list of this month entries shortly after the cut off. If there are any discrepancies, please let me know immediately.

olphart

Here is my First Noel. It’s dismal, but I ran out of time. I do play it,(somewhat), better, but something happens when I turn on the recorder. I become all thumbs.
    The silly thing is, I’m an actor, been on stage for many years, done commercials, videos, even a full length movie. Oh well, enough excuses, here it is:

lisadmh
    Participant

Wow 75 entries! It’s great to see so many people out. How ate we doing for ukulele kids club? I finally donated today.

Olphart, so camera fright sticks around even with the pros huh? You did a great job!

Andrew
    Keymaster

A few dollars shy of $1,400! Almost to our stretch goal of $1,500! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

I can say a couple people have donated, but have not contacted me/or responded with the amount. Please let me know so that I can keep the tally up to date 🙂 Email me if you wish to remain anonymous: https://rockclass101.com/contact/

robinboyd
    Participant

@rickeymike – I admit that I only half memorised the lyrics. They are sitting next to the camera and I refer to them from time to time. I memorised the uke part, though. I find that a whole lot easier than memorising lyrics.

As for the capo, it should work on the soprano but I’d only try it on the first few frets or you’ll run out of fretboard. We’ve used it successfully on Tiffany’s soprano. Anyway, what I did with Angels, is I tried to sing it but it was too high, so I tried to sing it an octave low but I really struggled to reach the low notes. In cases like that, just chuck the capo on the first or second fret and play as usual and it will bring the pitch up a bit so it’s just a tad more comfortable to sing.

stevenflautner
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Well I had to realize I am past the deadline but I still decided to post it by chance. Maybe just for the great feedback 😀

robinboyd
    Participant

@awiealissa – Nice harmonics!!!! I really love how everyone is personalising this arrangement.

rickeymike
    Participant

Steven you made it in plenty of time. Deadline isn’t till minute before midnight Eastern Standard Time. Well done.

ukeland
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Needs a lot of work (only a week of practice), but here’s what I got. My first week and first song with RockClass101, and I’m pretty proud of it so far.

Andrew
    Keymaster

WE DID IT! We’ve surpassed our STRETCH fundraising goal and have now raised $1,651.47. Incredible! $255 of which came in since I posted the update less than 2 hours ago.

This total includes our donation of $250 as we’ve also smashed our participation goal 🙂

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS DONATED! You are making a HUGE difference in the kid’s lives!

mheiden
    Participant

That’s really exciting Andrew! I’m happy to ha ve participated and really grateful for you and this group. What a joy to learn this instrument…

ukukelley1
    Participant

Great news, Andrew! Good for us and great for the kids!

olphart

Oh yes, I am a premium member…

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.