Participate in the December 2018 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE to Win Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2018 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE to Win Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 290 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Loved learning this song. After listening to myself, I don’t think Matt arranged this in my key; whatever that key may be. 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I really wanted Father Figure, but it’s a short month with a 24th cut off, plus I was out of the country for a week, and that is not a song I can learn in 2 weeks. It’s super fun and I’m glad to have it in the list but it’s kicking my butt!

So much to the anguish of my partner I’ve worked on the First Noel (to make it up to him I now have to learn Paint it Blacker, lol).

I didn’t thumb strum it. I’m trying to work on my multi string pluck. I really struggle with getting equal volume on them. It’s a work in progress…

rpina61
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my go at We Three Kings. I was on business travel from Nov.26 through Dec. 11, so it was difficult to squeeze in a lot of practice. As usual, my main trouble is keeping the tempo under control. The video has two takes in it. The first was taken with the built-in microphone on my Sony 4K camcorder. I wasn’t really happy with the sound on my previous videos, so I got an external microphone to see if it would make a difference … I think it does. There’s a couple of days between the takes (even though I’m wearing the same Aloha shirt 😉 ) and during which time I managed to bugger up my thumb requiring a bandage.

Merry Christmas to all!

robinboyd
    Participant

@rickeymike – Nice ending! I love how we are all able to play with it and tweak it to how we like it.

I’m doing Angels (should have a recording done in the next day or so) and I’m using a capo to bring it into my vocal range. If you don’t have one, I totally recommend getting one. They are nifty.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by robinboyd.
    cconuku

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Here is my submission for December, The First Noel.
    Wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

lyndallk
    Participant

I’m enjoying everyone’s postings
    Thanks Brettboy – really liked your playing and the tone you get from your uke and how you record. Lovely
    And I also enjoyed your playing too, nthibode very much.

curlyuke
    Participant

Well done Rickeymike, I think I sing in the same key – we should ask for a duet competition!

curlyuke
    Participant

Annefgodfrey, that was lovely. Seasons blessings to you and your husband.

hlglazi
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Not free of mistakes. But way better than the walking dead! Lol As a beginner, this style is challenging for sure and I love learning here at Rock Class! Oh, why is it that every time you hit the record button, you all of a sudden forget how to play ….

Hope this works…

annefgodfrey
    Participant

curlyuke, thank you for your kind words & warmest greetings to you, as well!

mheiden
    Participant

Enjoyed it RickyMike; it’s great you can sing and play. I cannot do both at once…and really can’t sing at all!

Andrew
    Keymaster

brettboy, wow Brett! I love the laidback feel. Such a cool vibe that works so well for this tune. I’m gonna share your post tomorrow in our social and email 🙂 Well done!

brettboy
    Participant

Thanks Teach’ !!!

kellyblackburn
    Participant

I am a premium member. Here is We Three Kings. This was a challenge for me, was hard to play through completely. Happy holidays!

rickeymike
    Participant

mheiden thanks, you’re too kind. I know that I don’t sing very well, I just put myself ‘out there’ ’cause I enjoy it so. But…..if I ever find MY KEY………HA HA.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.