Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    maryjanew
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

(OOPS, I had to repost, I linked the wrong video then something went wrong when I tried to edit)

RUDOLPH THE RED NOSE REINDEER…
    I had fun with this easy song, but easy songs are not always easy for me!! I have challenges with
    finger muscle memory and challenges memorizing lyrics!
    I had some fun with a second part I added at the end of my video- I added a couple BLOOPERS from me trying to sing the INTRO (I couldn’t get the reindeer names in the right order!😜) and then I “sang” the lyrics
    Happy Holidays!
    Mary Jane❤️

antotonin
    Participant

Hi everyone !
    Here’s my attempt for last Christmas. Thanks for thé arrangement, i really enjoy playing it. The harmonic technique is really cool.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Merry Christmas !!

coffeemug
    Participant

I am a premium member.

I loved Christopher’s arrangement of My Favorite Things. Bar 25…sublime!

Tried mightily to memorize the tune — realio trulio — but in the end I had to rely on the tabs to make a full recording. I know, I know — I’ll expect another lump of coal in my stocking.

Thanks Rock Class team for another great year of lessons and music!

Happy Holidays to all!

lintuu
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Hi, everybody!
    Wish you great holidays 😉
    This is my performance of Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Why is it so hard to film yourself? 😀

ldarrow
    Participant

@andrew I forgot to include it in my performance post, but I did donate 25 to the ukulele kids club.

Steven
    Participant

Here’s everyone on page 9:

lisamcc – I think that sounded really good. I like the swing feel you gave it and I LOVED that little fancy lick you threw in at the end of the intro, as well as those little embellishments at the end too. They make your performance more unique, which is awesome. Just watch out for the timing of those first two measures in the intro. Check out this video Andrew made for another member on this point. Great job overall though, I really enjoyed it 😊

janaq1 – Great job! I think that sounded excellent and well done for challenging yourself with this. There is a lot to learn in this piece and you have done well memorise it for the most part. Loved it – keep up the great work! (and I’m glad you and your family enjoyed this one 😉)

laurakarr112 – Awesome stuff! Nice use of rubato in the intro and I loved that little descending sequence you added to link the intro to the verse. You have highlighted the melody really clearly too. well played 😊 (and how annoyed are you by that tiny little mistake at 1:39 😉)

addilein – Great work! You played that really well. You’ve done a good job of playing those non-melody filler notes softly so the melody really pops. I like your index finger nail strums too. They give great clarity to you playing. Just watch the timing of the first two measures in the intro. You’re playing the rhythm 1 2& 3 4&, whereas it should be 1 & &2& &. If you listen back to Matt’s performance of those measures then listen back to yours you should hear the difference. Great job overall though, I really liked it 😊

ldarrow – this is coming along really nicely. As you say, just needs a bit more practice and those hesitations will disappear. Well done for getting a submission in at such a busy time! Just watch out for the timing of those first two measures in the intro. Check out this video Andrew made for another member on this point.

felixhchan – Well done! That sounded great and you handled those tricky chords and transitions in the bridge section really well. My only suggestion would be to maybe slow it down just a touch to give it a more laid back, jazzy feel. Great job though! 😊

patdrehu – Well done for challenging yourself with this one. I had a go at it myself and it is definitely trickier than it looks at first. I think it’s coming along very nicely. Once you have memorised it and you are technically proficient with this piece I’d suggest playing along with a metronome or the tab play along feature to really nail down the timing.

akukes73 – Great job! Nicely played with a nice steady tempo and I like that swing feel you have given it too 😊. Maybe just try and play those non-melody notes a little softer to help the melody really stand out.
    Thank you so much for your donation too!

dal08260 – Excellently done! This sounded great. Excellent rhythm and timing and I liked the slightly faster tempo you played it at too. Keep up the great work!

andrewvh – Hah ha, sounds like you’ve already given yourself feedback! Yes, my suggestion would definitely be to slow the whole thing right down and work on playing each measure cleanly before slowly building up speed. Well done for getting all the way through it though. There is a lot to learn in this piece and it is challenging to play!

Steven
    Participant

Page 10 so far…

maryjanew – LOVING the bloopers at the end – very entertaining 😊 I thought you did a good job with this one. Just watch out for that tricky timing in the first couple of bars of the intro. If you listen back to Matt’s performance of those measures then listen back to yours you should hear the difference.

antotonin – Brilliant stuff! This is not an easy song to play and there is a lot to remember but I think you totally nailed it, especially the instrumental section – those harmonics sounded awesome. Great sense of rhythm and timing throughout as well. Keep up the great work!

coffeemug – Yes, this is a wonderful arrangement from Christopher. Those chord voicings are awesome but actually very tricky! I think you did a good job wrapping your fingers around some of those difficult transitions. Just keep working on memorising this piece and you’ll have it flowing in no time. One suggestion to think about is to try and accent beat 1 a bit more, especially in the intro. This will really help get that waltz feel going.

lintuu – Excellent job! This sounded great overall. You have highlighted the melody really clearly. Just watch out for that tricky timing in the first couple of bars of the intro. If you listen back to Matt’s performance of those measures then listen back to yours you should hear the difference. Keep up the great work 😊

Andrew
    Keymaster

riley_ukulele – Looks like Steven missed your post on page 9. But I took and listen and have to say the rhythmic changes you added really made for a cool rendition on Steven’s take. Very creative, well done!

@ldarrow
    – Thank you so much for your generous donation, Linda 🙂

coffeemug
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback, Steven!

rockster
    Participant

I am a premium member
    Last Christmas by Wham!

I really appreciate the extra motivation to learn these songs and the community that comes with it.
    From Rocco

ukandrea
    Participant

@Steven: Thanks so much for your feedback. I will try your tip for sure, that was a miss I was not aware myself.

@Andrew
    : I just got the information how to donate to Ukulele Kids Club France and transferred 40 EUR. I am not sure if you counted me yet.

@all German members:
    I am in contact with the CEO of the Ukulele Kids Club to start an Ukulele Kids Club in Germany. In case you want to team up with me and have experience in how to set up something for collecting money or if you know any music therapists in Germany or a hospital supporting musical healing please email to Andrew and ask him to forward to me, so that we can get in direct contact.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ukandrea – thank you so much for your generous donation, Andrea 🙂

richard_siegert
    Participant

Hello again,

I have to admit, I really struggled this month! Having only 23 days for practicing and making Christmas presents at the same time was very time consuming. But everything worked out just fine, so I am quite happy :D.

Merry Christmas everyone!

lintuu
    Participant

Thanks for your feedback, Steven! Intro was really tricky for me, I’ll try to improve it.

ukealori
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

That record button gets hit and it flies out the window… performance anxiety?….

Merry Christmas everyone!🌲💕🌲

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.