Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    katazumiri
    Participant

@Andrew Thank you! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@concan – Beautifully played! A little more practice should smooth out the ending of the B melody, but overall it was excellent! Great job 👏

june2020

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I’m playing Rudolph for the December challenge. I had fun learning this one. I’m getting more comfortable at multi-finger picking thanks to Matt’s tutorials. Have a great Holiday season!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@june2020 – I’d say you def are! Playing looks and sounds great 🙂

june2020

thank you!

bibilele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Of course it had to be Rudolph. Love this tune. 🙂 I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

I donated 25 USD. Thank you for the idea.
    And thank you for the monthly challenges. I started a year ago with this community and my goal was to participate each month in 2021. Well, this is my 12th submission, and I learned so much in the process. So guess what’s my goal for 2022. 🙂

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

This month I tried Sevivon Sov Sov Sov —

Linda

I am a premium member.

leslieb
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here is the link to the very fun, Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer. This was a fun challenge. I will still be practicing, but with fun holiday activities, I was afraid I would forget to post. I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas!!! Good luck and happy NEW YEAR!!!

Thank you Andrew and crew!!!

ferrouselm
    Participant

Thanks for hosting this challenge! This is my first time participating, and I really enjoyed learning how to play Rudolph The Red-Nose Raindeer. I got to practice using the High G for the melody 😀

Edit: It’s great seeing everyone’s submissions too and how we are all learning new songs. It’s very wholesome 😊

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by ferrouselm.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by ferrouselm.
    bomarkt
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Thank you for this fabulous challenge.
    I have donated via paypall
    $50 mentioning I sm a patreon of Rock Class 101 Wish you achieve over your target
    donation🤞 Such a great cause

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by bomarkt.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@bibilele – Playing sounds great and congrats on 12 months of challenges, Bianca! Amazing! I’m def going to share that accomplishment this week on our social media. What’s your next goal?

And thank you so much for your generous donation 🙂

@lhamilton
    – Excellent take, Linda! Well done!

@leslieb
    – Love it, Leslie! Such a festive take with the Christmas tree backdrop. My only suggestion is to play from memory to eliminate some of the pauses as you’re reading the music and playing.

I bet you already have most of it memorized. Try playing without looking and if you get stuck, target your practice there. That’s the approach that works well with me when I work on memorizing music 🙂

@ferrouselm
    – The changes you threw in were very creative. I love the harmonics, the octave notes and the ending! Excellent playing! Hope you join us in more challenges 🙂

@bomarkt
    – Lovely playing, Bo! I have one suggestion for you. I want you to work on keeping the timing a little more steady. Try playing along with the tab player in “synthetic” mode with the metronome on. The click will give you the beat and the playback will act as a guide for helping you stay in time. Try 4 or 8 bar sections at a time.

And thank you so much for your generous donation 🙂

misterbones
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

While I usually like to pick the most challenging arrangement to learn for the monthly challenges, I deviated from that rule this time and learned the arrangement that was musically the most appealing to me, which was by far My Favorite Things. For the same reason Andrew mentioned, I just love those unique chord voicings Christopher came up with. Especially the many open voicings give it a very special, almost ethereal sound.
    BTW, for thirteen minutes and forty six seconds of pure bliss, please check out the epic John Coltrane version of this tune on youtue.

ukandrea
    Participant

@bibilele: Congratulations, seems like we had a shared goal for the year 😉 I did not count but my guess would be that around 10 members made each of this year’s challenges?

@Andrew
    : As I started so late with Last Christmas I am still working on getting the whole song memorized and playing through it flawlessly. So my official posting for qualifying is still to come.

For the moment I would like to share my chorus only version as I had to do the recording anyway for a virtual Christmas party and I hope to get feedback on it to incorporate for the next recording attempt.

Thank you,
    Andrea

misterbones
    Participant

@bibilele @ukandrea That makes three of us 🙂
    And I believe @brettboy mentioned recently that his streak of uninterrupted participations has been alive for more than three years…

lhamilton
    Participant

Wow! Thanks, Andrew! I really enjoyed that piece.

Linda

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.