Participate in the December 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    coffeemug
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Thought I’d submit this attempt at “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” before I turned into the Grinch. Was working on creating sustain while I was playing but listening to it now I’m not sure I did so. Totally flubbed the harmonics ending as well.

Recording aside, really enjoyed learning this piece. Thank you Rock Class team!

Happy Holidays to all!

jebergeron
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Sorry for the bad recording, I didn’t had much time to practice this month and less to record as guest are already arriving for Christmas and kids school are closed today due to bad weather, so this is my first take on the song!

I donated 50$ to ukc.

Since this is the last submission for the year I would like to thank you Andrew and your team for the great content you put together. I definitely see a lot of changes in my playing after subscribing to RC101.

Have a merry Christmas to all of you RC101 members and let us rock the ukulele in 2023, wishing you all the best.

Here is my attempt at Waltz of the Flowers :

henri0
    Participant

Premium member

Been a while since I’ve submitted. Life etc!
    Hope everyone well here.

The mini medley where I am with it atm:

Andrew
    Keymaster

Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EST (check your local time zone).

suekulele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I sure could have used the last week of December to practice! I hosted family for more than a week so there was no practice time available and I really needed it! Can’t wait to win the lucky draw tomorrow!! 🤗🤞🏼

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by suekulele.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@krajisunny – Beautifully played, Sunny 👏

@bekosau
    – I love the electric sound! Great playing! As you continue to practice, I’d recommend slowing the tempo to focus on getting the chords to ring a little cleaner.

@riley_ukulele
    – Beautiful playing, bravo!

@johanna2509
    – That was a lovely performance, Johanna! I’m glad we were able to introduce you to this tune 🙂

@coffeemug
    – Sustain sounds great! I really enjoyed listening to your performance, Mary 🙂

@jebergeron
    – Thank you so much for the kind words and for your generous donation, Jean-Philippe! Well done on the performance! You’ve got a great base established. So from here, I would work on polishing up 1 section (for ex: Melody A) at time.

@henri0
    – Wow, Rhian! That was awesome!! And I love the ending LOL.

@suekulele
    – It’s been awesome to watch your videos here and on insta this year, Sue! You’ve grown so much in your playing this year! Keep up the great work and I’ll be rooting for you tomorrow 🙂

biancak
    Participant

I am a premium member

And I’m afraid this Nutcracker will not get any better within today 🙉

Thank you for another year full of great arrangements and challenges.
    Merry Xmas

Andrew
    Keymaster

@nelsonlin2021 – Christopher says: “Absolutely personal preference. Sure a sound difference as well but I think either is absolutely fine.”

@biancak
    – Your performance was awesome! Excellent playing and TY for the kind words 🙂

antotonin
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Here’s my attempt for Waltz of the flower… I still don’t know it well enough but it’s as far as I go before christmas.

I AM PREMIUM MEMBER.

I wish you all a merry christmas !! And I hope to have more free time for the next challenge 🙂

suekulele
    Participant

@andrew – THANK YOU! You have no idea how much that means to me 🤗 RockClass101 has been a tremendous catalyst in my development. I’m so grateful for you and Matt especially. Looking forward to all 2023 has in store for us all. Wishing you the very best!

concan
    Participant

I am a premium member

Hey everyone, here is my entry for december. Thanks a lot for another great year with nice songs. I really enjoy it to be part of this community and that I am able to learn this nice instrument, which makes me happy.
    Have nice christmas days

ninajordan
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Well, here goes, my first ever video. I can only get better. My dog added some percussion in the middle.

Thank you Andrew and Matt. I am having so much fun learning with RC101. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

robinboyd
    Participant

@ninjajordan – That’s a challenging piece for your first video! Well done!

robinboyd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This month I have been battling post-COVID fatigue and a broken finger. Luckily this piece only uses the thumb on the right hand, so I avoided using that finger, but it was hard to get the energy to practice.

ukandrea
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I have just donated 50 EUR = 50,74 USD to the Ukulele Kids Club.

As I worked on a piano version of “All I Want for Christmas is You” (if you are interested you find it on my Youtube channel), I just did a slow playing from notes version of “I have a little Dreidel” to qualify for the challenge:

Merry Christmas to the uke world,
    Andrea

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.