Participate in the February 2019 Member Challenge – Music Reading Course!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2019 Member Challenge – Music Reading Course!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    stinyuke

Thanks @nthibode! I loved your performance as well!

Hey Rickey! Yes! still in the States and correct, we’re in South Carolina! You could tell that from the background, right? 🙂

mariainct

Hi everyone, okay so I got a strap and I learned how to read music so here is my entry for February’s challenge:

Oh, not too good, but I did make progress!

Did I get the link right?

rickeymike
    Participant

Hey Nat,That was pretty. I’ve loved Greensleeves since I first heard it as a kid when my dad took me to see the movie “How The West Was Won”.

nthibode

Thanks @stinyuke and @rickeymike! I grew up hearing the tune at church in French, so I always hear it as “Quel est l’enfant qui est né ce soir…”

smudge
    Participant

stinyuke – so cool!! I am inspired to try to do that!

stinyuke

Thank you @smudge it was fun to do it 🙂

hotmilktea

enjoy practicing this beautiful song!

jonathan

Hi Andrew,
    I live in Australia.
    I am 13 years old and I love to play the ukulele. I’m very happy to join my first challenge and I hope to win the islander ukulele.

annefgodfrey
    Participant

“Do not give up the opportunity for success out of fear of failing”. _Jessica Rose

Maybe someone needs a bit of encouragement tonight, as I. The beautiful melody rings in my head but does not transfer to my “less than nimble” fingers. Richest blessings upon all of you this night.

Thank you, Andrew, for being a great teacher & dear friend to us all.

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Background accompaniment is patter of Cocker Spaniel, Maddie’s feet, dear husband Tom’s oxygen compressor & his picking up few dishes left in sink. Lol.

Goodnight, again!

rickeymike
    Participant

Whoops and dang it. I forgot to pluck with my index and middle fingers. Instinct took over and reverted to thumb only.

becky7777
    Participant

Andrew-

I have a quick, probably really stupid, question.

Is the 75% bass track in Bourree set at 97.5 bpm or do the % tracks get rounded up or down?

I’m guessing the percentage tracks are made using Ableton Live (because it’s magic) rather than recording 3 times, but I wasn’t sure.

I’m probably over-thinking this. I failed at getting 130 bpm down for the challenge entry so I needed to change gears.

mariainct

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that speed does not count. I believe Andrew states that he wants us to be more conscious of consistent timing.

becky7777
    Participant

Speed doesn’t count Maria!
    No worries!!!

I’m messing around with production and mixing in my daw software and the bpm fraction threw me off.

Me failing at playing at 130 bpm was a personal goal I set because I’m making something complicated, just not this month.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by becky7777.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by becky7777. Reason: Can't spell 'not'... LOL
    tif_tif
    Participant

Hi All, It’s my first monthly challenge, go easy on me 🙂

Good Luck everybody!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.