Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge – Original Music!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge – Original Music!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    joe150
    Participant

I am a premium member . I tried to edit the light.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by joe150.
    lisadmh
    Participant

Joe, great job! You’re doing well on memorizing. It gets easier to memorize with time. Such a pretty song.

@Andrew
    , thanks! I’m doing better, but I stopped playing for so long that I mostly lost my caluses. My fingers hurt!

I have no idea what key my song is in. I want to make it longer but I have no clue how. Hmmm….

lisadmh
    Participant

Hey @Andrew. How important is it to stick with a song structure of a certain number of bars? I realize I have a section of 8 bars, then a 4, then an 8, then a 5, then another 8. Is this a critical error? I’ve never looked at this before. Google tells me sections of 8 bars is standard.

In an hour of intense composition I added 15 seconds of music. This is tough.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by lisadmh.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

I’d try to stick to an even number, but we break that rule every now and then.

lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks boss. I’ll try to add one more bar to the 5 set without losing my flow. 😎 And I’ll pay more attention to this in the future.

Andrew
    Keymaster

My pleasure, Lisa!

@joe150
    – Way to go! Here are my thoughts 🙂

surfnrz

This is something I’ve been messing with for a while. I call it Catamaran Breeze. Still a work in process, a little sloppy but I wanted to get it posted before I have hip surgery on Monday. I didn’t want to miss the deadline. I am a premium member.

kelsey91
    Participant

This is my entry for January! I decided to do the uke and piano duet. It was pretty interesting! I hope you like it! I might not have time to do a challenge for the next couple months because I’m an accountant and it’s tax season 😆 just started at a new firm so we will see how it goes!
    Thanks for the lesson!

deadbuggy
    Participant

surf — amazing! great composition and good luck with surgery on Monday!

surfnrz

Thanks so much @deadbuggy!

brenna
    Participant

@surfnrz
    Molto bello. Complimenti per il gusto e per la tecnica

surfnrz

Thanks so much Gianlucca!

ccwuke
    Participant

Hi, my entry for this month – Grace’s Lullaby. A lovely piece of music and not without its challenges for a ‘beginner’rated piece. Enjoy!

Chris

ealtman

I really enjoyed learning Grace’s Lullaby. It’s a beautiful piece. I was practicing while camping over the holiday weekend and put everyone to sleep. 🙂

Thanks for the challenge!

I hope the link works!

Beth Altman

smokealot
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here is my attempt at grace’s lullaby.
    The first and only recording, so it is very authentic as to where i am right now.

I really like the spirit of these monthly challenges. The time limit keeps me focused in times where i dont get to play a lot. After half of the month i stopped practicing on the lullaby but then got motivated again because i like challenges. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.