Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Vintage Tunes!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Vintage Tunes!

Viewing 9 posts - 181 through 189 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    coffeemug
    Participant

Thanks for the great feedback, AJ!

aloooy
    Participant

aloooy – Sounds great! Great tone and timing. Watch out for that little fret buzz as you get higher on the neck. I struggle with that myself, so once you get up high, keep some focus on making sure your fingers play right in the middle of the frets!

Really do appreciate this feedback AJ. Tried to play this on my concert uke and the frets up the neck are quite small and challenging. However, I like that you don’t have to stretch as much as playing on my tenor. 🙂

qiuyan
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion, Andrew! I did sometimes find it hard to keep the first joint bent and keep the strings pressed firm enough at the same time. I guess I need to work on my fingers stretch a bit more. (I think that improving stretch would help for bar 18 too.)

Btw, I think you put me 3 times in the raffle (twice as qiuyan, once as misspelled quiyan). I submitted Yankee Doodle twice (second time after some more practice with your suggestions) and The Entertainer once, but I think I should only be given one raffle ticket according to the rules. Otherwise, I’d hesitate to share progress next time as I don’t want to take more spots than I should have. 😀

Andrew
    Keymaster

@qiuyan – My pleasure and thank you for pointing that out. It’s tough when there’s 3 of us leaving feedback to remember who’s posted more than once per month. In the future, can you write a note stating this is my second entry. That will help us out greatly 🙂

b_ukes_101

Good job laurakarr12! What kind of ukulele are you planning on getting?

nickyg

Thanks AJ!!!

biancak
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback 🙂
    I’ll see if I can speed it up a little…

shmu88
    Participant

Hello!
    Was wondering when will we know the winner of July’s Challenge? 😀

Andrew
    Keymaster

@shmu88 – the winner was announced in the last post on page 12 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 181 through 189 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.