Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Vintage Tunes!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Vintage Tunes!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    riley_ukulele
    Participant

Hello,

This is my attempt of Freight Train. This is a great uke version of the song, and I love playing it.

Thanks,
    Riley

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

jensmcc

Hi there,
    I joined RC101 a month ago and jumped straight into this challenge of Yankee Doodle. Only had my uke for about 2 months so still figuring things out. Pretty much everything was new so had to keep jumping around your tutorials to get the basics. Now I’ll have to go back and actually do all the leg work in your lessons (they’re great by the way).
    I only managed 2 complete play throughs when recording. The second slightly quicker. Both have a fair few things to work on. Like almost everyone else the final tapped harmonic was seriously tricky and I don’t think I ever fully got it. Look forward to doing more.
    1st complete play through:

jensmcc

2nd complete play through:

henri0
    Participant

My first submission to the monthly challenge! A slightly too fast freight train, perhaps 😅

Think it’s a fair representation of where I’m at with this one. To my ear I have better versions on audio where I don’t have so many mutes (the one post slide in bar 6 grates a bit as does the imperfection at end of the lovely descent in bar 15!) but enjoying combatting video performance jitters!

Thanks for the tutorial Andrew and everyone for their versions here, have learnt a lot. It’s a big step up in my playing, for sure and well worth being a PREMIUM MEMBER for. 😀

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by henri0.
    nickyg

Wow everyone is so impressive!

So now it’s about 3 months altogether, after the People are Strange challenge. Congrats to Lisa who won that one! Here is my 12TH STREET RAG. Loved it. Thanks Chris.

I loved the sound of this one on my wee lil soprano.

I look forward to illustrating for the winner of the challenge after this 😉

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by nickyg.
    aloooy
    Participant

Loved the Entertainer after hearing it played on the piano when I was young. Glad to be able to play it now on my uke.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

tric_o_tronic
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    and I am late.
    Summer is not a good time for challenges. No time for practicing 🙂 I tried the Entertainer. No harmonics for now.

morrieuke1
    Participant

Cloud_Cactus and Mark 1256, I’m going to work on some sweet uke faces for the Aug challenge!!

cloud_cactus
    Participant

Morrieuke1 haha I’m excited to see them!

nohabaity

Hi, i’m Noha and this is my take on Freight Train. I tried my best 🙂

b_ukes_101

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This month’s challenge was really fun! After looking back on my progress from just 3 months ago I have improved so much thanks to Rockclass101’s amazing team! Here is my go at freight train (sorry for the bad mic)

Hope I win!

b_ukes_101

Also, is the winner going to be announced in a live stream on August 5th or just posted in the forms?

Andrew
    Keymaster

@b_ukes_101 – It’ll be posted here, no live stream and prob before the 5th, as soon as we get through leaving feedback 🙂

coffeemug
    Participant

Hi!

Please excuse the raggedy t-shirt, I’m trying to dress the part.

I AM PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi, This is my submission for Yankee Doodle.

Best regards.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.