Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Vintage Tunes!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Vintage Tunes!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@rucha11 – form looks spot on as to what we recommend. Can you post a video playing? I’ll be better able to see if something else is happening.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@cncamacho – well done! I’d sub out that tapped harmonic-chord for the same single note harmonic that you play earlier in the tune. But, overall sounds awesome!!

@qiuyan
    – Here’s my feedback for you and the lesson I referenced.

@elixir123
    – Wow! That was awesome, Elixir! 🙂

qiuyan
    Participant

Thank you Andrew for releasing my post and great great feedback! I did notice previously that my playing sounds choppy, but haven’t really thought much into it until today. Your suggestion and the linked lesson are both very helpful. I’ll definitely work harder on this issue!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by qiuyan.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

My pleasure!

rucha11

hello!

ps: please ignor my attempt of the last harmonic 🙂
    here is a video link :

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by rucha11.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@rucha11 – well done! Sounds great 🙂 One tip, try not to pull the strings down when you fret notes. For example, if you pause your video at 12 seconds, you’ll see the C strings is pulled down quite a bit. This causes the note to sound sharp. Try to keep the strings parallel at all times.

For the ending tap harmonic, you need to do a quick tap. Check out the video I left above to see this demonstrated/explained. But, I’d recommend starting out by learning to tap single note harmonics instead of chords.

You can learn to do single note tapped harmonics in Module 3, Unit 2 of our Harmonics Course.

rucha11

Thanks! I am currently working on the harmonic course so definitely will try learning this too!
    Also, Is my form good ? My wrist pains sometimes (I wrote that in my earlier post) .

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by rucha11.
    shmu88
    Participant

Hello group!

Here is my attempt at 12th Street Rag… boy oh boy that chord progression at the end is hard and fast!!!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@rucha11 – Try not to protrude your forearm as much. Take a loot mine vs. yours:

null

rucha11

Right !
    Can’t beleive didn’t see that earlier.
    Thank you .

rickeymike
    Participant

Impressive, Shmu!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@shmu88 – that was awesome! Great feel overall 🙂 Keep working on the ending, but I’d also suggest working on getting the outer string (1 and 4) melody notes to pop more in the split stroke section.

You may wanna recap Chris’s lesson on that from our Strumming Course.

marama
    Participant

@elixir123 great great video. Sounded fantastic very effective.

schaap123
    Participant

I am a premium member

Choo chooooooo

Decided to board the freight train this month 🙂 So happy to see a piedmont blues tune here on RC101!!! I could not resist and had to incorporate a tiny bit of Elizabeth’s famous root-bass picking at least in part A. Also I shall admit, I kind of had a brainfreeze and forgot the last part and improvised there…. Oh and @Elixir123, love the compilation, great job!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@schaap123 – Well done! I’d recommend slowing the tempo down the first time through to match the the other ones. The others were well paced and playful sounding, which is perfect for this tune 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.