Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Vintage Tunes!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge – Theme: Vintage Tunes!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    schaap123
    Participant

@Andrew wow that was quick response, thanks for the feedback! I can see what you mean – I guess my freight train was just in a hurry hah. I just tried to play the first part at 170 bpm, to match the tempo of B&C, but that’s a tad too slow for my liking. Think I’ll have to slow down the A part but slightly up the B&C if I want to get the whole song in the same beat… I’ll give it a try 🙂

pippin105

Hopefully, this is my you tube video for Beginner July Challenge.

rebeca
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my submission for this month. I chose ” the entertainer” it was very fun to learn.

yukalele
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

I plan to make a submission this month, but I’ve got to ask – do you have the car to go with your Ferrari t-shirt?

David

Andrew
    Keymaster

@pippin105 – Your video is set to private, can you make it public?

@yukalele
    – It’s actually the Porsche logo. They look very similar tho 🙂 I wear the hat a lot in my vids too. Guess you could say I’m a bit of a fan boy LOL

kirpuff
    Participant

Dont know if this is a double post…apologies in advance if it is! I submitted and it vanished.

This freight train likes to rush as soon as I hit record, so apologies for that too! Thanks for the fun theme this month, Andrew, Im excited to learn The Entertainer now 🙂

gmflin8
    Participant

Aloha everyone

First-time submission to the monthly challenge. I have to admit that it takes some courage to submit something “imperfect” 🙂 Any suggestions to improve are welcomed.

johnnyrotten

Great job Grace! Much improvement over those first videos. As with anything, the best way to improve is practice, practice, practice!

jlbross
    Participant

Here is my submission. Feels good to be able to play again. It has been a couple months due to the lovely virus.

gmflin8
    Participant

thanks @johnnyrotten 🙂 no shortcuts!

qiuyan
    Participant

Got a small stand to support my phone to take video instead of audio only, though it’s a bit shaky and tilted 🙂

I’m still working on better sustain as Andrew suggested (with chord transition), hopefully it has been improved a bit since about a week ago…

But did I accidentally get the tapped harmonics working for once? (Most of the time I can only do weak single note harmonics tapping now, so I’m not even sure if the last note is the right sound for the tapped harmonics on 4 strings.)

(yea, I know the pull-off note in this video is a bit rushed, and a couple other notes sound a bit off…)

jlbross
    Participant

Hi Qiuyan. That sounded great. I know I have to sustain my notes better. I thought you did a good job of that. What brand uke do you have and so you know what kind of wood? I love the sound. I got a new uke in November and I wish I sent it back. I really don’t like the sound and how it projects. It is a Pono made with mango wood. Jen

taylor22jane
    Participant

Okok disclaimer this piece still needs a bit of work on my end, but yesterday was my last opportunity to film with my dad so we went for it! The Entertainer has always been one of my favorites to hear him play growing up, so it was an honor and a joy to join in this time! 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by taylor22jane.
    marianne
    Participant

Hello everybody,

Here is Yankee Doodle! Sorry I couldn’t include the last harmonics per se given it’s a shorter uke neck!

Thanks,
    Marianne

gmflin8
    Participant

how sweet, @taylor22jane

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.