Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

Guys, the kazoo is not mandatory. They transcribed that section for uke, so we can just play a standard uke melody line instead.

docuke, fingering changes ate always allowed, As long as you’re hitting the right notes.

marni11
    Participant

Lisa,
    Yet, it said:

“Recommended Piece: “Better Together” (* You MUST SING AND PLAY to receive an entry into the giveaway!) OR “Tonight You Belong to Me” (* You MUST PLAY the Kazoo solo which we transcribed for ukulele and taught in the Part 2 Lesson to receive an entry into the giveaway!)”

It sounded like to me, that you HAD to play the Kazoo to recieve an entry into the giveway. Yes, you can still play the song without the Kazoo, but you couldn’t do that for the challenge.

-Correct me if I’m wrong.

lisadmh
    Participant

Andrew, clarification please. In the bit marni posted above, I read it as the uke version of the kazoo section is okay for the challenge? So we don’t need to kazoo? Others are saying we have to kazoo.

I hope it’s okay without, as I can’t sing so 1 is out, I can’t kazoo, so 2 is out, 3 has been vetoed in my house, and 4 is too hard! 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by lisadmh.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by lisadmh.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@lisadmh and @marni11 – No need to play it on Kazoo 🙂 BUT, you must play the solo on ukulele. We transcribed it for uke, and it is notated on the tab and taught in the part 2 lesson.

lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks Andrew. I’ll be playing it on the uke. My badgering my partner to learn the kazoo is failing.

marni11
    Participant

Ah okay. Makes sense! Thanks! 🙂

andracass
    Participant

Since I absolutely don’t want to sing and prefer to play a song that I know, my choice is forced: Wipe out! In the coming days I will have much to study.
    Dirty Dancing – Wipe out

brenna
    Participant

How many beautiful songs!!!
    I will start learning Tonight you Belong to me..
    Have a lot of fun!!!
    Gianluca

rickeymike
    Participant

Andra, Don’t forget to “feel the music” and for gawd’s sake, don’t put your heels down. LOL

rickeymike
    Participant

Anne, you don’t have to do the kazoo. you can substitute the fingering part that was taught in lesson 2.

joe150
    Participant

Ok, I do not read music. I doing Wipe out , for June Challenge. The frist page I understand that tab. The second page at Break Down, I do not understand the xxxx beat pattern . I listen to Andrew lesson , it looks like 3 muted down strum, pause two muted strums, 3 muted strum . It does not sound like that in the lesson. I am looking at measure 14 C break down. I thinking maybe there some down and up strums, that I am missing. I just see down strums muted. Maybe there am lesson somewhere that might teach me how to read the lines and marks above the lmusic tab print out.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@joe150Check out this thread, I broke down the rhythm and shot a video suggesting an easier way to play it.

joe150
    Participant

Grandkids and our grow kids are here, that why I getting back so late.Here s Video , Let me known if I got It right.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by joe150.
    joe150
    Participant

I send you video , Facebook.

richo_uke
    Participant

Sorry, I missed that there already was an answer to my question and I couldn’t delete my message.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by richo_uke.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.