Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Viewing 3 posts - 271 through 273 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

Congrats Josip!

@jinajupiter
    – I must have taken my lead from the second chorus. That’s interesting. I’ll have to have another listen before I attempt it again.

coffeemug
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, Stephen!

ukukelley1
    Participant

Andrew, Just finally catching up with your feedback on Wipeout — Thank you for the helpful video! I appreciate the recommendation to simplify the one or two measure extra tough spots for me vs leaving them rough for the recording. On the first joint finger bend, I think that happens for me because I’m pressing so hard on the string and fingerboard. I heard a tip that said think in terms of only ever touch the string vs the fingerboard, so I’m trying that to avoid my death grip and maybe then I can hold a curl vs flexed position.

I do have one big question I’d like to get your perspective on… There seem to be a couple different schools of thought on left hand position. One, that I think you subscribe to, is that fingers should be parallel to the frets, as is the instruction for classical guitar (I think). The other, which I have seen some professionals subscribe to, is that the uke should rest just above the nut in the part of the palm between thumb and forefinger and fingers reach more sideways into the fretboard, like mandolin instruction I have seen. I guess I’m looking for a firm rule, when maybe it’s not needed, but I do want to do what’s best for mobility on the fretboard.

Thanks!
    Sheryl

Viewing 3 posts - 271 through 273 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.