Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    Gaby
    Participant

I didnt found the time to participate in last month’ challenge, though i love Here comes the sun.. So thats a shame. But i will try to learn one of this month Songs in time.
    I dont sing, so number one is out. I dont think wipeout is my cup of tea when it comes to repeating it over and over the next weeks in order to learn it.

So i will take a look on 2 and 4 and see if my abilities and my time shedule are up to learning one of these two 🙂

In fact i think i really want to learn Aloha ‘oe (since for me it kind of is THE Ukulele song) but i dont know if its the right choice for me. We’ll See 🙂

I have a kazoo and I am not afraid to use it! I do’t even care if that’s not what you meant.

aquatopaz
    Participant

must play kazoo solo, (part of song), WHICH WE TRANSCRIBED for Ukulele, so you play the kazoo solo ON the ukulele. I guess if you’re not a Premium member, that wouldn’t be an option, though.

aquatopaz
    Participant

Learning Wipe Out is so much fun. The previous 2 months were fun too, but I feel like I’m at the beach with this one. Maybe I should practice on the beach.

kanae926
    Participant

I started working on Aloha ‘Oe. The melody is gorgeous and set at a perfectly mellow pace. The bar chords up the neck in the 10-15th fret range are especially tricky, but that chorus is so iconic…I can’t resist!

I feel like I should be on the beach sipping a Mai Tai. 🏝🍹😎

beebee
    Participant

Hi! This isn’t my entry, but more like the “before” example in a before&after; my 7&8yo grandkids and I did this duet for their great-grandfather’s 83rd birthday a year and a half ago, and I’m going to get them to learn your arrangement this weekend for the raffle entry. Can we do it as a duet or trio? https://share.icloud.com/photos/0O1lcYWJI0oFgEZb__NJqGHvw#Raleigh,_NC

Andrew
    Keymaster

Aww, so adorable! Yes you def can. I look forward to watching it 🙂

johanna2509
    Participant

Regardless of the fact, that I can’t sing that good, I love singing and strumming my favorite songs.
    Is it okay to submit Better Together even if we can’t sing perfectly like Katie? Otherwise I will work on Wipe Out.

lildevil
    Participant

Just to be clear, tonight you belong to me, we can do solo on uke or on real kazoo or voice kazoo, or any combination? And singing along in any or all parts of the song is ok?
    Hoping to get this to submission-grade sooner rather than later then move on to #3 or #4. Or both… Love them all…

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by lildevil.
    santai
    Participant

@beebee: What a great teaser! I’m very much looking forward to your submission already! 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by santai.
    robinboyd
    Participant

@johanna2509 – I was waiting for Andrew to reply to you but he must have missed it. Anyway, NONE of us can sing like Katie. I don’t think it’s an issue.

deadbuggy
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER and thought I’d pull out the teeny tiny uke for Tonight You Belong to Me. There’s a bit of a memory flub near the end and for the life of me I cannot learn the ending on that solo — for some reason, my brain isn’t connecting with my fingers on that so I fudged it! Thanks for including this song; it’s all I need. Oh, and this t-shirt — that’s all I need. And this uke — that’s all I need….

lildevil
    Participant

@deadbuggy. Haven’t listened yet, but loved your comment.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@deadbuggy – Tasteful variations, as always Sara! Sounds super cute on that uke too. Only critique I have is to smooth out some of the rough transitions. But awesome overall! Great start to the month 🙂

deadbuggy
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew! And thanks, lildevil for appreciating my homage to The Jerk 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.