Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    planetfink
    Participant

I am a premium member.

This is a little embarrassing. I actually wasn’t planning on posting yet, but once I get a song memorized I do a recording or two during practice, just to see where I am at. I liked how this one came out. I tried “mouth kazoo” for the first time (the embarrassing part) but it was fun and silly. Note to Andrew: please don’t use this one on social media. I don’t mind looking foolish in front of this lovely, supportive community but I prefer to keep it here.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by planetfink.
    johanna2509
    Participant

@robinboyd I think so too. After all it’s a uke challenge not a singing competition 🙂

@planetfink
    Loved the mouth kazoo! I don’t see anything embarrassing about it.

beebee
    Participant

That was great!!!

rickeymike
    Participant

Planet, that was awesome. Your timing was just right and it’s memorized in the 1st week! I’m saving your performance for me to study and practice. So you might get a thousand views before the month ends. Ha.

lisadmh
    Participant

I loved it, planet! I was expecting much goofier. That was actually very good indeed. ☺

planetfink
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words. I hope my performance is a help to you, @rickeymike. Looking forward to hearing your take on it.

Andrew
    Keymaster

planetfink – That was awesome! Here is my tip for you 🙂

planetfink
    Participant

Thanks Andrew. I rewatched it and saw what I was doing in the triplets. I didn’t notice it before. I had been doing them correctly when learning it. I do them Matt’s way, DDU. I think when I got more comfortable with the piece overall I got sloppy. Something to watch out for.

lildevil
    Participant

Time’s up. Uke down. New strategy this month. Instead of obsessing on perfecting a really difficult (for me) song – plus the recording of it – all month to the exclusion of all else, I took on a slightly more reasonable challenge and am posting now as is to allow time for lessons, review, practice, and playing just for fun. What a concept!
    Totally blew the big finish on my extra credit attempt at a little (very little) creativity. So be it.

I am a premium member.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by lildevil.

Just watched planetfink and lildevil. You are both great! I love the mouth kazoo and the extra credit!

Andrew
    Keymaster

lildevil – You are a great player. 🙂 I liked the transition into Aloha ‘Oe, it fit perfect and flowed well. No worries on the ending, you can target your practice to touch up that part, but truly fantastic overall. I really enjoyed watching your performance!

robinboyd
    Participant

I have a question about Better Together. When Katie mutes the G string for the chorus, is that for ease (so you don’t have to fret a full E chord shape) or for aesthetic reasons (it sounds better)? Personally, I find it easier to slide the full E chord shape up and down the neck (including the G string) and I don’t think that negatively impacts the sound, so that is what I have been doing.

deadbuggy
    Participant

lildevil — that was fantastic!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@robinboyd – that works!

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.