Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    johanna2509
    Participant

Thank you @annemarie and @Andrew!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@brettboy – Bravo! Brilliant take with great feel and energy throughout!

@misterbones
    – I don’t often remember recording performances, probably because I’ve done so many. But I do remember this one. I recorded it on independence day.

I drove from my folks house to my apartment in the afternoon. Warmed up, sat down, hit record. Did it in one take.

That never happens! I recorded a new song last night and it probably took 45 minutes until I was happy. That’s usually the norm LOL.

But I sure was happy to track Habanera fast, because I made the drive back to barbecue with the fam 🙂

Your performance was excellent! Now obviously playing wise, this is a very challenging song. But I think what’s equally challenging is playing with finesse. Because this is such a great tune to experiment with dynamics and accents.

I’m hearing a lot of strong accents in your playing. But try experimenting with getting a little bit softer from time-to-time. For example, I like to play the three notes that start each phrase a little bit lighter (last 3 notes in bar 4, bar 8, bar 12 etc).

@leb397
    – Theme 1 & 2 are spot-on timing wise. Theme 3 is almost there, and 4 is getting there. I’d focus on the latter two, but this take is a big improvement overall! Keep up the great work 🙂

@shmu88
    – Amazing performance! Just a few notes here and there to clean up, but the vibe was spot on. Great feel and energy throughout!

@joe150
    – Great job this month, Joe! Theme 4 sounds like it needs a little bit more work, but the other ones are rockin’! Keep playing along with the tab player, that’ll help tighten timing/tempo. And double check the last chord, sounded like you played the wrong fret. Overall it was great, keep up the good work!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Andrew. Reason: shmu88 feedback added
    evapaju

@katazumiri – I really liked Your version of “In The Hall Of The Mountain King”- that slowly rising feel of tension and outro too!

zongozongo

Hi Andrew

I chose hall of the mountain king. I went with the simpler peace and challenged myself by using alternating picking. I am a PREMIUM Member.

Happy practicing,
    Nicolas

ajk101

I went for In the Hall of the Mountain King for this month’s challenge. This was a lot of fun and I loved putting both parts together.

Looking forward to next month’s challenge!

In The Hall of the Mountain King

Andrew
    Keymaster

@zongozongo – Excellent performance and picking technique looks great! Keep up the good work, Nicolas!

@ajk101
    – Bravo! Great job on both parts and I dig the sound on baritone!

Next month’s challenge will have a very cool (and new) prize 🙂

ajk101

Thank you Andrew – I am working on adding a U-Bass part too 🙂

Also, I forget to add that I am a premium member to my previous post.

rafaela
    Participant

(I’ve already uploaded a song earlier this month!)

This is my attempt on “March of the toreadors”. It was a lot of fun to learn this song, although the pull-offs were a bit tricky sometimes 🙂

Rafaela

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ajk101 – got it!

@rafaela
    – That was awesome! Well played 🙂

misterbones
    Participant

@Andrew Thanks for the Feedback!

Maybe I’m missing something, but could it be you accidentally skipped the feedback for @shmu88?

Andrew
    Keymaster

@misterbones – I did! Thanks for letting me know. I went back and added fb for him 🙂

jlbross
    Participant

June challenge. I am a premium member

rafaela
    Participant

@Andrew Thanks! 😀

samash07
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Okay so I really tried to do both harmony and melody but it just never syncs, could use some advice there. Below’s my entry for the month.

leslieb
    Participant

I am a premium member.

“In the Hall of the Mountain King” is a favorite. My youngest son’s kindergarten teacher used this as the background music for his class performance some 30 years ago. To this day when I hear the melody I picture 25 little people in lightning bug costumes tiptoeing around a stage as proud parents Video taped the performance. Thank you for this fun piece.

Life is good!
    Leslie

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 152 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.